on 24 February 2014
This book was definitely written for me. For many years I pondered about starting yoga but but was put off by the images of very fit looking people getting themselves into what seemed like complicated poses. Having had some one to one yoga sessions with the author of this book I can highly recommend that what she teaches is for anyone whatever your age or size. The sections in the book that tells you how to choose the right style of yoga for you and questions to ask before you join a class were very helpful.
on 21 February 2014
yoga takes time to experience fully. To be honest, its not what a lot of people think yoga is. Its about creating a calm and presence which helps your life in so many ways. This is a great start books. It's helpful that it covers the safety aspects, the benefits, what style of yoga to choose, the main steps and common mistakes. its well worth a read if you're interested in starting yoga
on 30 August 2014
I started doing yoga at a centre near me and stopping going after finding that I just didn't think about what was right for me. After reading this book I feel confident that I will research all local classes and choice the best one for me, this book gives a good understanding of what needs to be considered. Brilliant book.
on 29 March 2014
I have just started yoga as a 50 something grandmother. I now attend a class after a full day of grandma duties.
I read this article before starting the class and have since re-read it.
I now have much more understanding and realize that I should have done this years ago.
I am not in fact that good at it yet but thoroughly enjoy it. The book purports that this is the point and it is comforting to know
That I don't have to be the expert.
The book makes a point of outlining the importance of the relaxation at the end of a session.
I found it very difficult initially to relax but the book almost gave me permission. I now relax totally and find it so beneficial.

I would advise anyone considering Yoga for the first time to read this small book. I know I have found it interesting and informative.
on 6 December 2012
This brilliant book answers all the questions I wanted to ask about yoga.It describes the different types so that the reader can make an informed choice about finding the right class. In the past, I attended a local class, but came away exhausted and discouraged, having joined something far too active for me. If only I had read this book first! In clear and positive terms, Ntathu anticipates the sort of information people want to know and explains what it all means. She even outlines the questions you should ask before committing yourself to a class . This is a must for anyone thinking of taking up yoga.
Sue, London.
on 5 February 2013
Having dipped in and out of yoga classes for years, I was looking for something to help me establish a daily practice. This book is a gentle and informative guide, and reminds me how much my body loves yoga. The style is relaxed and compassionate - there's no pressure to get it all right! It addresses a lot of issues beginners may have and offers practical tips and advice. Great for total beginners and anyone wishing to re-establish a regular practice.
on 21 January 2013
This book does exactly what it says on the lid. Everything you want to know about starting yoga, and why you'd want to start yoga is contained in one neat, easy to read package. It takes away the agony of not having enough knowledge to make an informed choice. Thoroughly recommended.
on 23 January 2013
I love this book! Clear explanations, a gentle, easy read, I have found out more about the whys, wherefors and whatifs about yoga from this book than from the actual practice! Demystifies the ancient, yet very now, types of yoga, a great book for beginners and seasoned practitioners alike. Highly recommended.
on 16 February 2013
I haven't yet started to practice yoga yet as I didn't really know much about it - I also had no idea there were so many different types so it was a big help in establishing the steps I need to to in order to find a class suitable for me.
on 10 September 2014
I enjoyed the book because it was written in a way that made it easy to read and understand it gave clear details of further reading if you are looking for more.