- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power and a World without Rape Paperback – 11 Nov 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"Of all the arguments out there that propose how to end rape, embracing women's sexual pleasure may not sound like a likely solution. But Yes Means Yes argues otherwise. By investigating the myriad ways the sexual choices of women can take shape, this anthology argues, not only should women know what they don't want, but they also should seize their freedom to explore what they do want. By challenging blanket claims, like that all males are sexual aggressors, and taking the shame away from females who are bona fide sexual submissives, Yes Means Yes says the conscious decisions we make about sex in its many forms are the best medicine for the illness that is rape culture."
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Some reviewers found other essays more engaging than I did, which I believe is the strength of this book: that it has something to say to everyone who reads it, even if that "something" is different for every reader.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Gay & Lesbian > Critical Theory
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Sexual Behaviour
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Women's Health & Lifestyle > Violence against Women
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Women's Studies > Feminist Criticism