Customer reviews

Yardley London English Lavender Soap 3 x 100 g
Size: 100g|Change
Price:£2.65+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 7 November 2017
We love lavender soap. These bars are creamy and fragrant; we feel so calm and relaxed after a nice, hot bath. The lavender smell is not as strong as the French brand we have used or the original Yardley lavender soap but we enjoy it just the same. Will definitely order again. Thank you!!
on 5 October 2017
My partner loves all things Yardley, she says these are excellent fragrant soaps...
on 21 September 2017
Excellent soap
on 28 December 2013
Nice product, lovely aroma. Arrived as expected and were well received by mature lady who well remembers the product from years past.
on 29 July 2017
Bought these soaps as a present for a friend. She absolutely loves them.
on 25 May 2017
A Bit of luxury at a fair good price
on 13 April 2017
excellent
on 24 October 2016
Horrible. Yardley have been 'revamping' their soaps and other products over the last few years and this is the first time these soaps have got this bad. I will not be buying them again! The soap is a horrible brown colour and goes mushy very quickly. Anyone who has purchased triple milled soaps knows that they should not go mushy, but these do!

The smell is nothing like lavender, it doesn't even smell fresh, the smell is like a stale vague floral smell, you know the smell you smell in supermarkets near the 'fresh' flower display when most have died, that is what this soap has to it, a dead flowers smell. Also it is very drying, and I have never had that problem before with yardley soaps.

Avoid these soaps, they smell awful, they look awful, they go mushy quickly and they will dry out your skin.
on 22 May 2013
Ordered a box of these as a present from England for some German friends, part of a thankyou for their wonderful hospitality.

This scent couldn't be more typically English. It's 'English Lavender' from an old London company, with two Royal Warrants on the elegant box.

Then I looked at the info. on the back ! "Made in Germany" !!! What on earth is going on ?

Life gets more and more confusing. Sadly, I recently abandoned wonderful 'Pears' Soap' after Unilever ended a 200 year-old recipe in favour of nasty-smelling synthetic ingredients. Now they make it in India. (I had used it and loved it for 50 years, heartbreaking I call it.)

Decided I couldn't give the Yardley's to my German friends, but I did enjoy using the 'German-English-Lavender' soap myself.
on 10 January 2012
I've grown up with Yardley's Lavender. It is something that I have used from being a child and still use now.

I like the lavender soap that Yardley's produce. It is a solid pale brown block of soap which smells like lavender rather than a chemical variation and, best of all, its perfume lasts for almost the entire usage of the soap.

Lavender is known to help reduce stress, is calming and aids sleep. It also has antiseptic qualities and helps alleviate pain. I can testify a couple of these qualities.

Due to a long illness I have problems sleeping (a sort of pain induced insomnia) and I have noticed that I get a better night's sleep if I wash with the Yardley's lavender soap before I go to bed.

It is known that the aroma of lavender eases tension that is caused by the pain and because (like a vicious circle) the tension causes the pain to increase and the counter action is that when tension is reduced the pain is also reduced. I can confirm that using Yardley's lavender has had a pain reducing affect on me.

Yardley has always produced quality products and I'm glad to say that after all these years they still do.

I know that Lavender is frequently regarded as an "old lady" fragrance but I love it and I admit that, regardless of the other perfumed soaps I have tried, I always come back to Yardley's lavender. It helps with sleeping, reducing stress, tension and pain and it smells great, and best of all you get 3 bars of lovely soap.