on 18 November 2013
As a beginner I am very happy with the keyboard. It has many functions but I basically only use the grand piano as I just want to learn piano. I may well start to look at what else it does when I can play with more confidence. It suits me for what I want and I think that it is good value for the money. The manual that comes with it is very comprehensive and it looks easy enough to understand. It looks as though you could work your way through it quite easily.
28 people found this helpful
on 20 December 2013
This got me through the first 9 months of keyboard tuition. I was lucky enough to get a 2nd hand PSR-700 replace it. It is not touch sensitive but I knew this when I bought it. It is fine as entry level keyboard, but you will eventually progress onto music which needs to be played louder and quieter in places, at THAT point you would need to upgrade to a touch sensitive keyboard. There are failings with this item, auto fill in is missing and switching voices takes three or four seconds so you cant vary the voices during a piece. No ability to record but you CAN hook up to a PC to put what you play/compose onto manuscript paper. You gets what you pays for with this and it does the job
5 people found this helpful
on 28 December 2014
Not had a keyboard for years and could not believe you can now purchase such a high quality make and brand name (Yamaha!) for under £200 let alone a mere £75!!! Plus all the essential music stand and plugs thrown in. Great sound quality and fantastic value. Amazing for beginners and those looking for a bit of fun to play piano pieces without the cost and upkeep of the real thing. There are tons of extra features on this too such as lessons but I haven't used those yet. I just like to plug in, switch on and play away. The head socket does need a jack to jack for your headphone cable to fit but that's easy get hold of. The sound quality is top notch without headphones too. A cool feature is that if you accidentally leave it on, after a while it automatically powers off to save your electricity bill! Very tempted to purchase additional 'accessories' such as a volume pedal and sustain pedal too. Hours of great fun for all ages.
on 7 February 2013
This is an excellent keyboard for the budding musician/keyboardist, but hey if you are an experienced 'player' you wouldn't be looking here anyway! 5 octaves so a decent range, you can transpose up or down tones, has a good selection of voices and backing styles, and even though there is no dual voice feature, there are some built in ones anyway such as piano and strings etc it has a good output of volume although if you have it on maximum it does distort, but it is plenty loud enough i cant see that you would want it cranked up to the max lol there is no touch sensitivity when playing but for anyone who is just starting out playing this shouldn't be too much of a concern, so for the price and who it is aimed at i have no problem recommending this keyboard or seller, and hey its a Yamaha so you know its half decent :-)
on 11 June 2013
Fulll size keyboard, does far too much for an 9 year old beginner, but this will last, hopefully, well into adulthood. Loads of rhythms, instruments, tones, drums. As I can p;ay the piano/keyboard i found no difficulty in negotiating the various asapects. This is good for beginners also as they can progress as and when they need to. Highly recommend it. Yamaha have reallyy got it right. A stand would have been good, as this is not a small keyboard.
It has a terrific tone, convincing instruments with all the flashing lights that makes it appeal to the younger generation.
on 24 July 2013
I am starting up again with the piano after many years. I didn't want to spend a fortune in case I didn't take to it again. This item is ideal, it has everything I wanted and for under 80 quid, it does more than enough for my needs. The sound is amazingly good. I have now bought a MIDI cable for £3 and it connected up to a MacBook Pro and Garageband without any fuss at all. You need a larger headphone jack plug adapter as well. The item was ordered and arrived within 24 hours. I now am able to play around until I decide to upgrade in the future to a full size digital piano.
on 15 January 2014
This arrived in less than 48 hours from ordering. It's bigger than I expected. I have only played around with it so far but I'm sure I'm going to get hours of amusement out of it. The sound is really good. I've never played a keyboard so I know nothing about weighted keys etc but as a beginner just wanting to play a few tunes, I think this is perfect. Just got to invest in a 'teach yourself to play' book now!!!! I can't wait to get started.
on 21 July 2014
One of the best investments every made in my life. My son uses it daily to learn the piano. Though the keyboard is not a perfect training instrument to learn the piano, making an investment on a piano is out of our reach at the moment, but my 7 year old son practices well on it and his effort and the keyboard's contribution have both combined for him to get distinction and merit in his grade 1 and 2 levels. Great Keyboard.
on 6 January 2014
this is a really good piano for beginners who want to learn how to play, but it doesn't have weighted keys. It's been a long time that I've been using it and at first I didn't care about this aspect because the price was really good, but now I would recommend potential buyers to look around for a piano with weighted keys because it can completely change your performance.
But if you don't care about this aspect and you just want to learn some songs, then buy it. At this price it's certainly recommended
on 12 March 2013
Loved this keyboard. Purchased this as an entry level keyboard for a 9 year old to allow extra practice to take place at home to compliment keyboard lessons at music school. This keyboard is perfect and has a great range of musical styles and voices to match the music she plays in her lessons. I was disappointed that there is not a record feature with this keyboard, but that was my error for not checking the specs properly. I would recommend this keyboard to anyone that is starting out to pick up the basics or just for pleasure. It is ideal for all the family.