Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Yakuza 4 (PS3) forum

Yakuza 4 Steelbook Edition

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 Feb 2011 19:41:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Feb 2011 21:14:15 GMT
GRB says:
There is a steelbook edition for this game releasing in europe (two versions kuro and shiro (black and white) editions) however the uk amazon does not have it. The german amazon has it listed. Here is a link to the steelbook version. http://www.game.co.uk/Yakuza-4-Steelbook-Edition/~r353651/?s=yakuza%204

Posted on 21 Feb 2011 00:05:51 GMT
Mr. S. Bate says:
It seems the steelbook is exclusive to game in the UK...

I desperately want it, but still can't seem to lower myself to order anything from game.

Posted on 21 Feb 2011 21:03:49 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Feb 2011 23:28:57 GMT
GRB says:
I was like that a few months ago with Game in general but the online site is pretty good since I found out about the Yakuza 4 steelbook edition. I ordered mass effect 2 last thursday night (chose the free delivery) and got the game by saturday morning to my surprise. Also you get the game a day earlier (you get it on thursday if the game is released on friday) if you get it from the Game site. My mate does this when a new game releases and he gets a game a day earlier. I would of got it from amazon if they had the steelbook edition on the site however they don't have it listed. Also the eu playstation blog has not mentioned the steelbook edition yet. I am glad europe is getting the steelbook edition. Yakuza 3 was a great game despite the flaws, these Yakuza games are underrated.

Posted on 3 Mar 2011 15:15:24 GMT
Super Drake says:
http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2011/02/08/y4specialeditions/

It kinda sucks really, Australia gets the upper hand this time. Besides the packaging there isn't anything so special about the Kuro edition. Sega just included DLCs that were already free in the original version which I personally feel doesn't do any justice, I won't be surprised if they ended up charging for them like in 3.

ShopTO has the the standard edition for £30 for those that are interested

Posted on 3 Mar 2011 20:43:22 GMT
Last edited by the author on 3 Mar 2011 20:48:55 GMT
GRB says:
Nice, that's a bargain. Yeah the Yakuza 3 dlc that came out after was really stupid (the costumes that come out). I'm just wondering about the delivery procedures that ShopTo have (I have not used ShopTo before). Do you get the game the same day or a day earlier from ShopTo? The real reason I'm buying the steelbook edition is because of that nice dragon artwork on the front cover lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2011 02:58:54 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2011 03:11:58 GMT
Super Drake says:
Yeah I didn't like the fact they charged for something that was originally free to begin with, also adding to the fact that they already saved ALOT from the cuts. The cover is actually not as bad this time round so I won't mind getting the standard edition, plus £10 off is good as I know for sure Sega West will put the DLCs up since I think back in US only pre-orders with certain shops are entitled to DLCs. So even if they charge for it, I doubt it cost more than £10 lol. Everywhere has different editions and I bet some people who preordered in the US won't get their DLC codes like the last time for Yakuza 3, poor management again =__=. Adding to the fact it's still slightly cut (nothing significant but still removed one or two things), would be nice if Sega West could follow other companie's suit of how to do localisations properly and put more effort in. I appreciate it though that we are getting the game though but I would love to play this how it is supposed to be played, not how Sega West decision on how we western gamers should play it. Someone is going to tell me to get the JP version now aren't you? lol xD

Sorry gone slightly off-topic and dashed into moaning mode lol. With ShopTo you will usually get it on release day and if you don't, they will credit your account with £3, but for that you will need to choose recorded delivery. Some though may get it before because as far as I know they ship the item as soon as they have it in stock, so some may get it before then! If you do pre-order that now while it's at that price, they honor that price if it increases and also if you pre-ordered at a higher price (the price suddenly lowered) then they will charge you that lowered price.

Posted on 7 Mar 2011 13:52:57 GMT
GRB says:
Thanks I might get some games from ShopTo in the future. To be honest, I did really care about Yakuza 3 when the game came out. I thought the demo was boring (because I sucked at it then lol). But I thought I give it another try when I brought it for £20 from gamestation. Best £20 I spent. Put over 100 hours in Yakuza 3.

I think the programming side of the PS3 could be another issue but games like MGS4 and FF XIII are localised pretty well. If you think about it there is a lot of script for the Yakuza games but the DLC costumes should be free like in Japan. Glad the PS3 is region free. I have Kenzan (got it from Play Asia) but I do not enjoy it although I want to enjoy it due to not understanding most of it. I doubt Kenzan coming over unless Sega release it on the PSN (because it has been out for 3 years). Plus there is alot of script for that game too like the history (ThePatricks FAQ guide on Kenzan).

Posted on 30 May 2011 18:54:40 BDT
Bare Osaka says:
I picked one of these up in my local Gamestation the other day for £15, Not bad I guess :)

Posted on 18 Jun 2011 23:07:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jun 2011 23:09:41 BDT
GRB says:
Yeah I saw them in Gamestation in Luton when I was there for a visit (Gamestation in my area shut down). I have two steelbook editions for Yakuza 4 (one brought and the other won from Sega with the Ichiban box). You can check what the steelbook looks like if you do not own that version (the dragon tattoo looks nice, other than that it is just a collectable), I uploaded the pictures on here (it's been up for a while).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Yakuza 4 (PS3) forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  2 Feb 2011
Latest post:  18 Jun 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
Yakuza 4 (PS3) by Sega (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars (40)