Customer reviews

Replay Radio

on 19 February 2006
Originally brought this software from a large PC retailer, note its two pounds cheaper on Amazon!
As others have written, I wanted to record shows easily for my own use both on CD & on my ipod.
The version I got was 5.3 & i was suprised to visit the Replay radio site & find the current version was V 7.0......
Now the good bit, an email to the Replay radio support staff was very quickly responded to, they advised emailing the re-seller for a new licence number which would be provided free. I then needed to download the latest version from Replay Radios own website & paste in the new licence key.
This done I had a bang up to date version which works superbly & transfers files seamlessly to my Ipod via the itunes software.
Good product, excellent support fom the staff at Replay Radio & their reseller... by the way I'm still waiting for a satisfactory reply from the "large PC retailer" on my original query about the product....moral .. get it cheaper at Amazon & if you have a problem, the Replay Radio website support is top class.
on 29 November 2005
Fantastic little product. Bought this to listen to Radio on my MP3 player. Really simple to use, and loads of options to do more advanced stuff.
I recorded a live U2 concert from the radio on my PC straight to my MP3. A really handy little piece of kit.
on 12 January 2006
I purchased this product so that I could record BBC programmes, particularly classic comedy. I had some problems using the automatic detection of URLs, but I had a lot of friendly support from the supplier, who gave me a beta of the next version, and then an upgrade at negligible cost. It all works just fine, now!
on 15 February 2008
I wanted to record a radio show that I really liked and had heard by accident. Luckily the show was available on the web for 7 days; all I needed was something to let me record it and replay it in a common format, e.g. MP3.
I bought this software and its great. I have just finished recording the hour long show in MP3, having gor delivery today.
The software is installed easily in about 1 minute. The User manual looks comprehensive, simple and to the point; the first chapter I read was recording previous shows from a radio website - ideal, simple clear, took 10 seconds to read. Was very easy to perform.
There are a lot more options in the manual that I havent used yet. But this software is intuitive to use. There is a feature to set the software to record a particular radio programme at some time in the future (as long as your PC is on and connected to the internet; this is a really handy function. I have listened to my show it sounds good enough to me (using my laptop speakers) so Ive no doubt the quality is at least adequate for all but the purest sound buffs. It also allows you to burn the recorded file to CD so you can play it anywhere, although you have it in MP3 format anyway.
A small, easy to install, easy to use, nice user interface, flexible and cheap software that does exactly what it says on the cover.
Recording radio is so handy its essential, at least as much as having a TV recorder. Want to record that special symphony? Pop concert? The Archers? Interview? Drama? Need a timer for setting recordings? Radio has such variety and quality it is far superior to TV. Get some radio recording software and you wont look back. I recommend this, it works great and a cheap price.