Customer reviews

on 29 August 2014
This roller is very effective. It is hard and provides a deeply penetrating massage. I have used softer foam based rollers and they are not as effective. My advice is to buy this and regulate the pressure you apply my adjusting your body weight/pressure. The more use to it you become the more of your own body weight you can apply for a deeper massage. By definition, this is a painful process but it does get easier the more you use it. It is most effective. The trick is to use it when the muscles are warm (after exercise, between sets, or soon as you get out of bed all work well for me). On the inside of the label are very clear illustrations and instructions on how to use it on each of the major muscle groups. Portable and light weight. Excellent value for money.
on 8 December 2014
Fantastic instrument of torture...err I mean foam roller. I bought this to go along with smoother rollers that I already use to help in stretching and massaging my legs (mostly) and a little bit on my back after, and in between, running sessions. I wanted something that would give a deep tissue massage for my quads, calves, iliotibial band and hamstrings and this roller definitely does that! (It's also great for rolling the sole of your foot on to massage the plantar fascia).

It is hard and spikey and is not a really designed to be a gentle work out but if that is what you are looking for this is excellent. The points of the "spikes" really get into the muscles and loosen the hardest knots. If you "double up" (put the other leg on top of the leg that is on the roller) on the leg exercises you can really exert some pressure and you will feel the difference once you have used it.

It comes with a good chart showing lots of exercises you can do with it, arranged by which muscle group/area they target. It is very solid and will definitely last pretty much for ever I would think. Really excellent item just be aware that it is probably not suitable for someone who has never used one of these before or just wants a gentle tune-up.
on 22 November 2014
I bought this because my other foam roller, which is a basic non contoured one so basically a smooth dense foam cylinder, had become misshapen and I'd got to the the point where none of the exercises and moves using my foam roller where causing pain.

First the build quality, a dense foam core surrounded by an even more dense foam outer which has the "teeth" or "nubs" on them, excellent quality, can't imagine this could ever become misshapen.

Actual use, like I said I'd been using a smooth foam roller to the point where it wasn't causing any kind of discomfort which effectively means your ready for a more intense massage/release roller.

However this roller is a BIG leap from a smooth roller, most of the exercises I did with the smooth roller I can't yet do for more than 3-4 reps/passes with this roller.
I'm okay with it on my calves, quads and hamstrings. But my IT bands, lower / upper back and lats it's just too much....right now.

So if you've been using a smooth roller and are ready for the next stage I'd recommend going for one of the many trigger point rollers, if you're already using a trigger point and want to go to the next level and want the most intense roller then this is the roller for you.
on 6 September 2014
Good for getting into calfs in particular, but too painful for quads and back. Excellent product, but would recommend also getting a regular flat roller for some areas
on 21 October 2016
I sit a lot and run a lot, so I thought this would be great for releasing knots and easing stiff muscles. I wanted something firm and robust and this is both of those things. It is well made, although it does have an initial smell which takes a couple of weeks to disappear permanently. However now I've had some time to reflect I have decided it might be a little too stiff for my needs - overdoing it with the repetitions left me with more aches than I started with. I have since reverted to a softer foam roller which I find works just as well if used frequently and sensibly.
on 22 November 2014
It's so damn spikey you've really got to want to punish yourself. It's also seriously short length wise if you've got a wide back and want to do your shoulders.
on 15 January 2016
Its a hard foam roller. Its difficult to find hard foam rollers on the high street. If you're new to foam rolling, start with something softer!

Its been used every training session and is still good. I bought this particular one from recommendations from various power/weightlifters - and I can see what.

Only problem is people will want to borrow it all the time in the gym!
on 31 July 2015
Having purchased the Rumble Roller (Large) previously, I needed a replacement without having to dish out the huge price tag for the mini version which I thought was not worth the purchase, having looking for high density foam rollers which mimic the rumble roller I can safely say this is the closest you will get and the price is amazing
on 6 October 2014
Not for the faint hearted. This is a pretty ruthless roller, quite a bit more severe than those that I use at my local gym. However, get over that initial shock and you will find that this thing really works.
on 11 December 2014
Actually really good for the price, however way to extreme for me, gonna have to get the flat ones before im ready for this one. I suggest anyone else who hasn't foam rolled before to do the same.