Customer reviews

on 23 November 2013
I've been blown away by just how FAST it is, juggling my games and applications with such ease and performance. It's certainly a step in the right direction and the only thing I have to complain about it is the black background on the homescreen, because it seems rather dull. Sure you can have some nice bright colours here and there, but that black background is just dull, though I'm sure they'll start to release alternate backgrounds in the future and it's really not that much a bother. The kinect is also really improved too! My old kinect had me shouting so many times for it to hear me, but this 2.0 is so responsive! It's great just talking and my Xbox doing actions instantly, taking me from home screen to Dead Rising 3, to Youtube to the internet, SO QUICKLY! I am also very impressed with how many zombies Dead Rising 3 is able to have on the screen at once thanks to the power of Xbox One.

With a console like this, I'm excited to see what this generation of gaming brings.
on 20 June 2017
Awesome - out of date no obviously but at the time was awesome - upgraded to Xbox One S and totally worth it too!
on 17 December 2013
All I expected and more the difference in the appearance of games is outstanding. Once all the proposed updates are complete It will be a super system. The new Conect system is also a vast improvement over the older system which worked ok but needed more spaceto use it.
on 27 November 2013
i have tried to watch tv with hdmi pass through the box. its not working right with lag in the pictures in between.
on 6 February 2014
Right, I've been an xbox 360 and ps3 owner for the last generation and although overall I preferred the 360, I came into this generation with an open mind.

After waiting over 2 months since the xbox one and ps4 launched, I've been doing my research!

I've played both consoles round a friends and both are impressive in their own ways, both perform really well and look stunning (despite some slower frame rates on some xbox one 3rd party titles which is barely distinguishable)

I decided in the end to get an xbox one for the following reasons;

- I prefer Xbox live and that's where most of my online friends reside (plus I have a large gamerscore I can carry over)
- I love the new kinect, the voice commands work really well 99% of the time and it really adds that feeling of the future in terms of walking into the lounge and saying "Xbox ON" and the xbox AND the tv both turn on together. Also being able to snap tv on the side of the screen while you wait for a game to install or download is genius
- the games so far are great, not perfect but great. It's a better game line up than the ps4 currently with forza 5 being the graphical standout. I personally prefer the xbox exclusives (although i do love uncharted and the last of us on play station) I'm really excited about the incredible looking Titanfall coming out next month, the new Halo and gears of war.
- I've always preferred the xbox controller, and the xbox one pad is an improvement on the already brilliant 360 one. It'd nicer to hold, has a smaller battery compartment and the rumble motors in the triggers which add some really immersive moments while cornering on forza or firing a gun in Dead rising 3.
- yes it costs £80 more than ps4 but the kinect is where that extra cost comes from and is well worth the extra money.
- you can also link your digi box/ sky box through the xbox so that you don't need to switch channels just say "Xbox watch tv" and it instantly pauses your game and switches to tv. (And vice versa)

The ps4 is marginally more powerful on paper, however in the grand scheme of things it shouldn't make a difference the long run.

At the end of the day there will always be people who prefer one over the other, but after doing a lot of research, I personally preferred the xbox experience. There's no right or wrong answer, it's all down to taste.

One day I'll probably get a ps4 too, but right now the xbox is a better system for my needs.

Whichever one you choose, you won't be disappointed! :)
on 7 February 2014
This is the best £400 i have spent in ages, what a console and with the next update being released in the coming days its only going to get better. The amount of stuff this console can do is amazing. The games that are out for it are also decent. Skype is excellent works really well with the kinect camera etc. On of the most useful options is being able to wake up your console by just saying "xbox on" and it powers up everything at once got to love that option. I could go on to say more about this brilliant piece of kit but why not buy on for yourself and see how great it is...worth every penny.
on 2 January 2014
Im a hardcore gamer and I bought on nov its now jan all I can say is I still cant get rid of this erection its beautiful in everyway the games the kinect you can just sit there for ages and command your xbox to do anything it also records gamesplay when you say xbox record that its amazing.
on 3 February 2014
After serious deliberation I opted for the Xbox one over the PS4. A good choice after playing with the PS4 at a friends house. I have nothing against the PS4 its is a great console. But the Xbox is more of a fit for me. TV and Gaming

But having the ability to run my Freesat box through the console and using Voice commands really is impressive. Its by no means perfect, but it will just keep improving with updates over the next few months.

It will be worth it for Titanfall alone...
on 27 November 2013
Having through every installment of the Xbox Console, I was eager to try out Microsoft next generation console.
To be honest though I was weary since I have been seeing other people having issues i.e. Update, Disc Drive, Fizzing noises etc.

But put it this way, I have switched it on and off many times, tried game discs and downloading content, and so far it has been a great experience.

The UI has been given an overhaul and although it does take some getting used to, its as innovative as it is fun to use. Note that I am in Cyprus where Xbox Live is not fully supported and not included in the list of countries being launched. Hats off to Microsoft that not only delivered on what is promised but also delivering a console that works outside the designated regions.

Ok so what did I like:
- The console is bigger but the all black finish of it makes it look like a satellite box than anything else. For all you Xbox 360 gamers, make room...your new Xbox One needs it.
- The controller looks and handles much better than the 360 controller. Once you start using it you start to wonder how you can ever go back to the 360 version.
- Pins and Apps are nice addition to the UI. Pin anything you want so that you can have quick access to it from your home page.
- Kinect, I was ironing my shirt today getting ready for work when I got bored and wanted to watch some TV. Saying "Xbox On" and then "Xbox Watch TV" does the trick, even from the other side of the apartment.
- Wide range of great apps to use.
- Games look great and handle really well on the new controller.
- Recording and uploading your own gameplay videos is easy as it is fun, but you have to remember that so that your can say "Xbox record that". Will take some getting used to.

Now the downside:
- Installing games is somewhat new to to the console arena. Granted back in the 360 you had the option to install them, but the games were 6 gigabytes max. Now you are looking at 20 to 30 per game. This means that it takes a while for the game to install even though you can start playing it about 50% of the way. But that's not the issue here. The fact of the matter is when you buy a new game you are more than likely going to have to update it. Case in point Call of Duty. When you insert the game for the first time to play it, the installation is paused on 0% for a long time. Why? Because in the mean time it has to download first the 1.2gig update. So if you want to play it, disconnect your Xbox One from the net, install the game, then re-connect to download the update. That way you are not waiting for both to happen and you get the play the game in the mean time.
- Xbox One guide does not work for me, but that is to be expected as I am in a country that is not supported fully.
- Not enough mainstream games
- Cannot see how much memory I have left on the Hard Drive

Overall I love it and I recommend this hardware to any gamer or non-gamer of any age.
on 16 August 2014
Console well worth every penny. Keeps getting better and better speed and feature wise - at a much greater rate than the competition.
Games are so much fun - awesome.
Design is good, connectors in the right places.
Kinect is a nice addition - we'd miss "xbox on. turn off, got to TV, .." etc. without it, but understand it costs a bit more. navigation around the console is quicker with the voice commands. not so many games use Kinect yet.
The whole console shows how sluggish the Xbox 360 and PS3 can seem now.
Looking forward to the HD Terrestrial TV adapater (£25) in a month or so