on 23 April 2016
This was my second purchase of the same item. I was really satisfied with my first purchase and got the second one as a gift to my cousin. But much to my surprise, the second item delivered was faulty and defective. It has a number of problems:

1) The speaker didn't extend fully
2) The hook part at the bottom was not walking properly and I couldn't quite minimize it because the hook was not clicking.
3) The top part with the X-mini logo fell off as well.

Those three were the most obvious defects and something about it was just not quite right. The details and the quality of the product was just very different from my first purchase and it didn't even come with the pocket case that came with the first purchase. All of which made me doubt that the sellers sent me a 'fake' product for my second purchase. Thoroughly disappointed :(
review image review image review image
on 6 June 2017
What a sound for such a small speaker. It doesn't generate the lows that you would associate with your every day HI-FI system however it provides ample volume and clarity without the distortion you would usually associate with such small speakers.

I purchased another after hearing the first one and when paired together they give a brilliant stereo performance for your everyday PC desk requirements.

Battery is also very impressive!
on 29 June 2017
This thing is amazing! It's got a beautiful design, it's compact and small and yet it has incredible sound quality. The bass is accentuated immensely, the sound is crystal clear, and the price of this thing is fantastic. You won't find a better deal. I haven't got another speaker to link with the one I have (yet), but I love the concept of being able to amplify with multiple speakers. The only thing I'd say is that the speaker has a red light for charging (the single LED is on the under-side of the capsule) but when the battery is getting low, the blue light just becomes dimmer. Surely it would be clearer to see when it is "dying" if the red light lit up instead? Will also mention that there's a tag to attach a lanyard; this speaker seems very robust, but the lanyard tag looks like it will snap off. But that doesn't affect it's performance at all.
on 16 August 2017
I already have 3 of these speakers and they all work perfectly. I needed a fourth for my overnight bag. The Three speakers all produce good and clear sound with a decent volume control. They hold a charge for several hours. They are easy to store by compressing into a ball and come with their own carry-bag. However, this speaker was different. It had no white print to identify the controls. The sound was woolly and poor. It doesn't hold a decent charge and the first time it rolled off the table it stopped working completely. The carry-bag was made of plastic, not velour. The closing mechanism was unreliable. Also, there were spelling mistakes on the battered packaging. I suspect it was not the genuine article. I will be more diligent when buying the 4th speaker that I still need.
on 20 March 2015
Sound is crisp and clear. Bass is insane for something of this size- it will literally bounce around on a surface.

You will get audio distortion however, if you turn it up too loud in some situations. But I find this to be a very minor point for an otherwise legendarily capable speaker.

And with its pricetag, this should be an instant buy for those of you reading, if you need a nice portable speaker to enjoy media on your phone or tablet- even your laptops.

And if you like it, you can ask your friends and family to buy it too and then link them all up together when you meet, to produce some very very nice results. It's all great stuff.
on 9 March 2017
this was good at first until the charge lasted less and less . the built in battery now has no stamina after only a month . lasts about a hour
on 10 March 2017
bought one each for kids. they are simple to use, sound is not very loud (loud enough though) but that is exactly what I wanted as didn't want the kids blarring their music out trying to out do each other. hold there charge for quite a while
on 6 August 2017
I have had the earlier wired version of this speaker. This Bluetooth version is even better, providing all the functionality of the wired speaker, as well as theBluetooth option. Of course it's not going to provide the same quality of sound as a much bigger speaker, but it's excellent for its size, and portability is hard to beat. Note that 'the box' also contains a small silk-like carry bag, in addition to the other items shown on Amazon's description. Having said that, a neoprene case can provide more protection, especially as the idea of a portable speaker is to carry it around and mine travels a lot in briefcases and suitcases.
on 12 July 2017
Has done a grand job so far, and all the literature is correct - the sound is much bigger than I expected from such a small speaker. It's much smaller than the previous generation X-mini I had and the addition of bluetooth connection is great. Only 4 stars because I'd like it to have its own volume control - now that the speaker can be put further away from the connected devices, it's a pain to have to go back to my laptop/phone/desktop to adjust the volume (in the older version, it had its own volume dial).
on 6 March 2017
Stopped working after 3 uses. It only makes white noise now. Not worth the money.