TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 March 2015
Note: The maker supplied a review sample for evaluation, the opinion of the product is my own personal view

These wireless triggers offer a simple but easy way to do off camera flash, and an alternative to optical slave flashes where line of sight might be an issue. These triggers are "manual" in other words you have to set the exposure on the camera and flash output on each flash yourself, however for many tasks this isn't a problem as this is all you might need. Flash sync speed will be the same as the camera (ie these won't support HSS high speed sync)

In each kit is a transmitter, this has a single hot shoe sync port for mounting on the camera, a test button on top and on the underside are the 4 (two position) switches this allows you to select a channel for the transmitter. Inside this unit is a "23A 12 volt" battery this is a cell that is around half the size of an AAA battery (length wise) they are relatively inexpensive to replace to access the battery you remove a small screw on the underside of the unit.

The receivers take 2 x AAA batteries on the base is a metal thread for a tripod screw, on the top are the channel switches (same as the receiver two positions and 4 switches aka 16 channels) A power on off switch, and of course the hot shoe (this is a standard type and will fit all common makes though see note about Sony) On both the transmitter and receivers are red LED lights that blink when the signal is received. You also get a small pc sync cable thus it is possible to fire the transmitter via the pc sync port if your camera has one

Notes for Sony users:
Those who have the new "multi interface shoe" (A58/A77II/A99 and the newer E mount bodies) which is similar to a normal ISO hot shoe can use the triggers. If you are using the older Minolta style inverted hot shoe you can use an adapter to convert it to a standard hot shoe (or use the pc sync cable if you have a port on your camera), if you have i-ISO shoe flashes then you will need to get an adapter to convert this to a standard type hot shoe (both types are fairly inexpensive). It is possible to use the triggers but you'll need a few of those adapters to do so.

**In use**

Only point to note here is to ensure you have set the exposure that you want on the camera, and the appropriate output on each flash (use manual mode for the power). It is possible to mix in optical flashes too you should set these to the mode which fires them instantly (usually S1) Range is quoted at 40 metres outside, and around 10 inside I tested the flashes inside and found them to fire consistently with no problems and close to the quoted range, if you have walls or objects in the way this can reduce the range somewhat but for most uses it's very unlikely to be an issue. Hard to comment on battery life yet, the use of AAA cells for the receivers is useful (rather than lithium ones) the main transmitter battery should last a fair while and replacement cells are fairly inexpensive.

**Final Thoughts**

The wireless triggers provide a cost effective way to experiment with off camera flash. Triggers vary hugely in what they offer and the cost, some of the higher end offerings have dedicated TTL, and some support HSS (high speed sync which allows you to use very fast shutter speeds) for many off camera flash scenarios though a set of decent manual triggers is all you might need, these fit that need perfectly. Recommended
on 23 April 2013
The triggers were at a very good price for me as I wanted to dabble with a bit of indoor flash photography without breaking the bank.
They arrived quickly and well packaged. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the build quality for the price. I intend to use them for home indoor use only and I think that treated properly they will last well unless they have an electronic failure. I thought that they would be bigger than they are having read other reviews but they are just about right. I have tested them with my Canon DSLR and two manual flashguns and they work perfectly. As I have said, time will tell as far as the longevity of innards are concerned. As they are I can thoroughly recommend them to try your hand at some indoor flash portraiture. I have given 5 stars as I can not fault them in the slightest especially when compared to much more expensive models.
on 15 February 2013
Better build than previous version. They work just fine at a very reasonable price.

Maximum range is a little lower than announced, but i already expected it.

Totally recommended
on 1 November 2013
SUMMARIZED REVIEW
The trigger set works but two receivers arrived with a permanently 'on' power switch.

DETAILED REVIEW
The four receivers each require two AAA batteries. The transmitter uses a small 12 volt battery of the type often used for wireless keyfobs; this battery can only be replaced by unscrewing the transmitter cover. The wireless link can use any one of 16 possible channels, chosen using four little switches, but this feature is unlikely to be necessary most of the time.

I've only used these items at short-range -- never more than three metres between transmitter and receiver. Subjectively I'd say that the receivers have triggered correctly at least 29 times out of 30. I presume that the occasional miss-fires that I have experienced are due to interference from other radio transmitters in the vicinity. In any case, for me, miss-fires have never been a problem since it has always been possible to simply retake the shot.

The receivers each have a small on-off slide-switch; on two of the receivers in the set I received the switch does nothing -- the receiver is functional regardless of how the switch is set, and consequently I expect that receiver to drain its batteries more quickly than the others (unless of course I take the batteries out between sessions of use).

The transmitter doesn't need a distinct on-off switch since it is only 'on' when the trigger is operated. It does, however, have a manual trigger button which can be pressed at any time to trigger the flashes.

I find myself a little disappointed about the broken switches but, overall, I'm satisfied with the set.

ATTENTION
The receivers are intended to work with flash guns that offer only a low voltage (12 volts or less) to the trigger terminals. If you have old flash guns from your film SLR past keep in mind that some models offered over 100 volts to the hot-shoe trigger terminals. I have some Sunagor units on which I've measured over 200 volts at the hot-shoe terminals. Such a voltage was harmless to the mechanical switch in an old film SLR but will instantly destroy the electronic switch in one of these receivers. If your flash-gun is from the 1980s or earlier, or if it has a neon indicator, it is very likely to present a high voltage to the terminals.
on 9 April 2016
I bought these with a degree of caution. I usually buy branded items for durability and reliability - but wanted a cost effective way to trigger two off camera flashguns for a small project. I use Canon 580EX2's and a 1D-X body. Build quality for the price is great. They do exactly as described - they trigger both flashguns simultaneously and reliably flash after flash. I would certainly recommend them if not being used in a heavy use environment.
on 14 February 2013
Bargain price especially when you consider their ability to change radio channels, and they don't need line of sight to operate.
They haven't let me down yet.
These work great. I have several different makes of camera and three different types of flash units but no flash for my Fujifilm X100T. No need to buy one now as I can attach any of my Nikon, canon or Leica flashes to a terminal, put the other on my camera and they fire as needed. brilliant.
on 21 February 2013
Cheap and ugly but all works just as it should straight out the box - I have even attached a very old Sunpak G 4500 to one thanks to the coaxial in the side of each receiver.

I know that as photographers we can be real gear snobs at times but seriously, if the features on any radio triggers match these like for like why would you spend anymore cash than this. The reach is great and more reliable than slave cells as you would expect.
on 7 April 2016
One of the receiver is a bit faulty and randomly fires the flash at times. Additionally the complete set as a unit is not very reliable and often none of the flashes are triggered when the camera fires even though the range is not excessive (30 foot or so). This is using the sync cord plugged into a Nikon D300 at shutter speeds of 250th or lower. They are "ok" if you just want to play about and don't mind missing shots due to non firing but not recommended at all if you want them for serious photography
on 14 October 2015
Normally only write one or two word reviews but this is worth more, opend the bag they came in and instantley took a dislke to the "plastic" feel to them, but dont let that put you off, i have tested them using heavy use, fast use and low and high flash powers and there BRILLIANT, they didnt fail or misfire once

not sure of the range but will check that another time but for less that £20 WOW, cheep, great to work with, easy to set up (4 channels) and at the price that they are easy replaced if damaged

will be recomending