- Platform: Windows 98 / 2000 / Me / XP
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
X-oom Movies on PSP
- Converts DVDs & movie files for playback on your Sony PSP
- Over 10 input formats (DVD, (S)VCD, DivX, AVI, WMV, Real, MPEG, Quicktime).
- More than 10 Presets make conversion easy
- Fit-to-stick technology resizes movie files to your memory stick size
Customers Also Shopped For
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
X-oom Movies On PSP is unable to convert copy-protected DVDs into PSP-readable format.
The Sony PlayStation Portable is an amazing mobile entertainment device, making the most of a broad range of digital content. With a diverse line up of games and video, audio and photo capabilities, the PSP truly is a system without any multimedia boundaries.
With X-OOM Movies on PSP, you can now easily take your favourite movie or TV series with you to enjoy wherever you want, whenever you want. With an extremely simple and innovative approach, X-OOM Movies on PSP enables you to quickly convert your DVDs or movie files (DivX, AVI, WMV, MPEG) into a format your PSP can understand. Simply choose your movie, press start and, in a matter of minutes, you'll find your movie ready to go on your Sony PSP. And, as always, in the best possible picture and audio quality.See all Product Description
Top Customer Reviews
1. It doesn't break copyright protected DVDs, so you will have to decrypt the DVD first (Google for this software and you are all set)
2. Your machine needs to have ample capacity on the hard drive for the decrypted files so that you can put them into a PSP format of the movie.
3. Don't try to go straight to the PSP, put it onto your hard drive first.
4. For the best visibiliity on the PSP screen for different formats of widescreen use the 'Best Quality - Zoom [1300kbps]' setting as this allows you to choose the screen size when playing back on the PSP and there is no real difference in visible quality with the full frame option which you cannot change while playing back.
5. Don't be fooled that this is a quick process. Any DVD will take a while to convert and if you choose the wrong settings, you will have to redo the process, however it works and now I have got used to it, I have no complaints or regrets.
The product works.
When you've installed the programme YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE mcldcrypt.exe FILE - Stick the file name in Google and you're away, otherwise Copy Protection (on just about every DVD) will stop you dead, and then it has been a waste of money.
Be realistic - plug your PSP in, click copy, walk away and let it get on with it. Watch the movie, keep it or delete it and do it all over again....just needs a bit of forward planning!! To give you a guide I've got a 1gb stick and can fit 2 90+min movies on it.
The saving in not having to rebuy your existing DVD library in UMD format makes up for the load-time and sound downsides so in short, for 20quid it's worth a punt.
I found a way around the copy protection i used slysoft any dvd and had it running in the background and then tried it again, this took away the copy protection for me letting me use this software to convert any dvd i want!! you could try this to
the software is quite good once you get round the copy protection, there is nothing more annoying than spending money on software to find that it does not do the job that it is intended to!!
all in all it is good enough software once you get around the copy protection
I thought under copyright law you could backup a DVD for personal use - which you can do, but converting it is apparently a different matter. Any software that decrypts the encrypted DVD's is illegal, so this software does not provide the necessary decryption tool. Fine - I can understand this - if it's illegal, it's illegal - BUT this should be made clear to us before we buy.
I only found this out when I tried to backup my first movie to memory stick and the software pointed me to a website to tell me this info. Finding it out this way is disgusting and it should clearly be marked on the packaging and in the sales literature.
This item should be clearly marked as unable to convert anything other than home made DVD's.
I only gave it 1 star because there is no option for giving it 0 stars!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
At one point this software may have been a real win for PSP owners, however, as practically all DVD's these days are copy protected, this software is totally redundant. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Mr. Robert D. Wilcox
Having tried to install this on my computer I have found that two files within this disk are infected with a Virus. Steer clear!Published on 1 Oct. 2010 by J. Oliver
Bought this product over two years ago from Amazon. Downloaded the necessary file from the web and hey presto, off it went. Read morePublished on 29 Dec. 2008 by P. Cooke
I bought a copy of Photos on PSP and it won't install onto my computer. Then I can't find the product on the X-oom website support page and support won't respond to any of my... Read morePublished on 18 Dec. 2006 by R. Todd C.
I haven't managed to get this to work... Perhaps it is due to my own failings, but, judging by others' comments, I somehow doubt that. Complete waste of money!Published on 25 Sept. 2006 by J. Thomson
Not got a problem with the speed or the copyright protection. The problem after ignoring these two is that it doesn't work. Read morePublished on 15 Jun. 2006 by Bog Standard
i have used several different meathods of trying to get movies onto my PSP, but this really is great it is so easy to use and so user friendly, it's simple smart and one of... Read morePublished on 17 Mar. 2006 by Gregory Barrett
bought this having looked at a number of alternatives. It doesn't work smoothly - most conversions crash in the middle, takes a long time to convert - over 3 hrs for a film DVD. Read morePublished on 7 Mar. 2006 by gmk22