X: An Erotic Treasury Hardcover – 29 Aug 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
TIME OUT NEW YORK...it's a beautiful hardcover book featuring some of the most outstanding authors of erotica ever. Brainy and horny at once.
About the Author
Susie Bright, also known as Susie Sexpert, is an author, editor, activist, performer, lecturer, sex guru, teacher, and mom. She has a weekly program entitled "In Bed with Susie Bright" distributed through audible.com, where she discusses a variety of social, freedom of speech and sex-related topics. Bright co-founded and edited the first women's sex magazine, On Our Backs, "entertainment for the adventurous lesbian," from 1984 to 1991. She founded the first women's erotica book series, "Herotica" and edited the first three volumes. She started "The Best American Erotica" series in 1993-2008. Bright taught the first university class on the subject of the aesthetics and politics of pornography at the California Institute of the Arts in Valencia, California in 1986. She became well-known for her scholarship in sexual representation through her courses on the subject at the University of California, Santa Cruz. She currently resides in Santa Cruz, California.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I enjoyed this book immensely. Not only is it a gorgeous, luxurious book that would make a beautiful Valentine's, birthday or Christmas gift, but the content inside is rich, too. The stories feature a range of sexual situations from lesbian shoe worship, hot anonymous alley hook-ups, sex with a murderer on the run, to ritual spanking and circus love. While some of these scenarios may not be my particular fantasy, all are well-written, compelling and hot.
This would make a superb gift for both the erotica newbie and the person with a shelf full of sexy paperbacks who might enjoy a special treat.
1. It's a beautiful gift book, its cover decorated in a deep, shiny, rich, red pattern that looks almost like brocade, inserted into a fancy, equally decorative, cardboard holder with an "X" cut out.
2. The stories are really well-written. Most erotica just plops the reader into a sex scene, but most of these stories actually have plot development and character nuance.
3. This anthology runs the gamut of sexual preferences and turn-ons. Whether or not a particular story or sex act turns you on personally, it's a rich collection of what rings people's chimes.
Author Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk About Sex After Sixty
The book cover adds to the sense of the unusual and its intriguing feel will enhance the experience.
I can also recommend The Adventures of Lady Harpur. (see my list Victorian Erotica)