on 25 September 2017
As good as all the Wycliffe stories are!!!
on 27 April 2017
ok good read
on 9 August 2017
I was returning to reading this series after several years and found I still enjoyed them.
HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 5 January 2012
Willy Coppel runs a doll's house shop and owns many properties in the city - one of which is leased to Geoff Bishop, a neighbour. Geoff's partner's daughter, Yvette, goes missing from their home in Paul's Court - a quiet backwater just off the city centre - containing five houses. Willy has also not been seen for a while. When Yvette is found half dressed and strangled and Willy is found hanged it seems like an open and shut case of murder and suicide but Wycliffe is not so sure.

The more Wycliffe talks to the people living in Paul's Court the more he realises there are tensions and disagreements between the neighbours which could have led to murder. This is an interesting story which definitely left me guessing until nearly the end of the book. Of course when I looked back I could see the clues were there but I hadn't placed enough importance on them.

There are plenty of suspects and the local police know the people concerned - though not always form the point of view of previous convictions. It was interesting to see Wycliffe working with someone different as well and I liked DS Kersey with his encyclopaedic knowledge of the people and the area. This is an enjoyable and conventional, low key, crime novel.
on 8 September 2013
I haven't read any of Burley's work before. This was quite good story wise but the characters were not very clearly drawn. I probably would not read another story by this author.
on 19 December 2011
I bought this as a present but the person it was for says its just as good as the authors other works. Item received within the delivery due date and in perfect condition.
on 22 September 2013
I like the way W J always keeps the reader interested. His plots always well written. Another five star rating and I recommend to Kindle readers.
on 4 June 2014
I've read this before and consider this one of W J Burley's best Wycliffe novels. This was a kindle version.
on 27 July 2013
good theme ,I enjoyed it no end I am working my way through all of his books on my kindle
on 25 August 2015
The usual absorbing story with, of course a twist in the tail. Great