Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 17 June 2012
What a wonderful book.although written for children,and myself being over seventy ,and interested in magic and witches I thought I would read it ,once started I couldn't put it down,I enjoyed it very much ,And would strongly recommend this book ,well done to the author,Will Holley more please!
on 28 November 2014
I read this to my five year old having previously finished the Harry Potter books, looking for something of a similar vein. It's not quite as enjoyable from an adult perspective, but my son loved it, and that's what matters most with a book like this.
on 6 September 2015
This book is unreadable. Clichéd to a ridiculous degree. It starts with four characters who go far out of their way to make themselves unlikeable. The dad/stepdad who doesn't listen to anyone, the boy and girl who hate each other just because that's what the author needed and who do things to each that your average psychopath pause and the mother/stepmother who is so rubbish I've forgotten everything about her already. Maybe after half way through it gets better but I will never know because if a book makes you wade through this much badly written, badly drawn rubbish before it gets to the good bit it's not worth starting.
on 8 June 2012
I read "Wychetts" before recommending it for my grandchildren and I thoroughly enjoyed it, what a darn good read for children and think this book is meant for kids of say for 8-9+, but that would depend entirely on the child, as it's a tad scary in some places; a bit on the Harry Potter style, but a lot more low key! Shame I can't find a hardback/paperback copy of "Wychetts" to buy, so will have to make my Kindle available for my grandchildren to read this book when they visit. Thanks Amazon!
on 30 July 2015
Once I got into this book I just couldn't put it down. The characters are well created, their individualism is clear when they are first mentioned, and as you read through this wonderful adventure, you get more entranced by who they really are as the mystery continues. This book will appeal to any child's wit, some places making you laugh out loud. This is more than about adventure and magic though, this book explores the unique relationships between step siblings and step parents, and is a good honest read for any kid that always wanted a speaking mouse with good common sense as a pet.

My favourite Stubby quote:
Stubby shrieked with outrage. "Mouse is a much more sophisticated language than Hamster. All hamsters have to worry about is running around in plastic wheels and how much cardboard they can chew all day. Mice have a much broader horizon, hence a richer vocabulary. You'd never be able to master the grammatical intricacies of Mouse. I reckon Intermediate Slug would be about your limit."
on 8 March 2016
Got this because of other reviews saying it had similarities to Harry Potter. Must disagree. Fine as a childrens book but no comparison to the Harry Potter series which in my opinion suit adult and children alike. Would probably give it more stars if I was a child.
on 11 June 2014
I got this book for free on my kindle, along with the rest of the series, and I mainly got it out for a quick read before I go to bed, however this hss hooked me into the series, which are just as entertaining and the characters definately give a realistic atmosphere of families, mainly two divorced parents comong together, and maybe not always getting along. I would really recomend this for anyone aged 9-12, with an experience in sometimes more difficult volcabulary, but if getting out on a kindle of course you can look up definitions. So over all I would recomend this book thoroughly.
VINE VOICEon 27 May 2014
My 9 year old son and I chose this to read at bedtime. I have to say, it wasn't the best book to get him to fall asleep to. It's exciting, interesting, funny, spooky.....it's got everything. I couldn't believe this book was free. If giving a positive review will encourage people to read this and hopefully pay for subsequent books I'm happy to do so. I really can't recommend these books highly enough. Fantastic fun.
on 30 July 2014
I loved this book so much it was my favourite book in the series.
I felt magical when i read the fabulous book.
When Edwin found out Stubby his pet mouse who rather liked to be called a assistant or something like that could talk.
I'm on wychetts & the tome of terror wich is the last book of the series.
Hope you enjoy the book as much as i did.
on 15 December 2014
This book is more for the teenager . That said I did enjoy it. I am a very old teenager he he. I liked that it had NO SWEARING OR OTHER PROFANITIES. Just a good story I loved the talking mouse. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR OLDER CHILDREN.