Writing for Journalists Hardcover – 1 Apr 1999
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
..."the Routledge Media Skills series.... offering solid how-to-do-it advice for those embarking on a career in journalism or television...and together they are beginning to form a comprehensive textbook published in installments."-Bruce Hamlin, City University, London, in Journalism ..."the growing and important Media Skills stable from Routledge."-John Herbert, Staffordshire University, in Journalism Studies
About the Author
Wynford Hicks is the author of various books on journalism and writing including English for Journalists, now in its third edition, and Quite Literally: Problem Words and How to Use Them --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is up to date, and refers to papers such as the 'Guardian' and the 'Mirror' which makes it easier to see the ways of writing put to practise. The guide provides the reader with the crucial rules of good writing, including how to put a story together and WHAT you should be including and where. The '6 questions' - Who, What, How, When, Where and Why - taught me exactly this and are one of the most important details to include in every story.
Overall, I gave this book five stars - and it deserves each and every one!
I cannot recommend this book enough; and is a simple MUST for every aspiring journalist or anyone with an interest in the industry or english.
I'm now looking to buy the other's in the series (Reporting for Journalists, Interviewing for Journalists etc) as I thoroughly enjoyed the informative yet entertaining flare the book entails page to page.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A simply wonderful book. Should be required reading for anyone who has to write business documents.Published 23 months ago by R M APPLEBY
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Communication & Presentation
- Books > Languages
- Books > Reference > Language > Handwriting
- Books > Reference > Writing > Journalism
- Books > Reference > Writing > Writing Skills
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media Studies