- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Writing Academic English (Longman Academic Writing Series) Paperback – 27 Oct 2005
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Now in its fourth edition, Writing Academic English, by Alice Oshima and Ann Hogue, is the essential writing text to prepare high-intermediate and advanced college or college-bound English language learners for academic success.
- A step-by-step approach guides students through the process of writing paragraphs and essays.
- Clear models and varied practice help students to develop confidence and a mature writing style.
- Examples with academic content prime students for college work.
- Appendices offer easy reference for key writing, grammar, and research information.
New to the Fourth Edition
- A chapter dedicated to each pattern of essay organization
- A chapter on argumentation and using material from outside sources
- Thought-provoking readings from authentic sources
- An expanded chapter on summary and paraphrase
- Instruction in the basics of research and documentation
Writing Academic English is also available with CriterionSM Publisher's Version, which provides instant online feedback on student writing:
Students simply submit their writing online and instantly receive personalized feedback on: Grammar, Usage, Style, Mechanics, Organization, and Development (essays only). Students can turn in better writing, and teachers can save time spent correcting drafts.
Click on the "Resources" link to order the edition with CriterionSM Publisher's Version
The Longman Academic Writing Series also includes:
- Level 1 Fundamentals of Academic Writing
- Level 2 First Steps in Academic Writing, Second Edition
- Level 3 Introduction to Academic Writing, Third Edition
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I would recomend this book for self-study as well as tutored study only for students really motivated to improve their writing skills, as it is NOT and ESL book, it's a book on writing.
The drawback is the absence of an answer key, which I only realised when I got it and started using it. Now I have to get the teacher's guide; I've been teaching ESL for 18 yrs, and there are some tricky things in the book which most teachers (not to say all) would benefit from having a proper answer key and coments.
Overall, a good buy!
Anas, PhD student.