Edition: Standard v2|Change

on 2 March 2014
I find this a useful tool for my writing, I don't actually write in the program as it not as easy as msword, but it is a great place to store lots of info.
I write historical novels mostly and I used to keep names and places in a spreadsheet, but that was awkward at times.
I like the way characters and events can be labelled and info kept about them. Most of all I like the timeline which makes sure that I get people in places and at events in the correct time order.
It opens up along side my word prog. and is there for reference any time I need it.
The four stars are because I like it, to get five stars it need to improve the word process side an awful lot.
on 6 June 2016
I had high hopes for this product unfortunately once installed it slowed my computer down to a crawl. Nothing a technical advisor suggested worked so I eventually had to remove it. This was a great shame.
on 22 January 2014
This is fine for organising your work - easy to see chapters, characters, etc at a glance. Don't bother with character/plot "suggestions" because everyone else who's got the program will be using the same stuff! I found visibility a problem compared to my usual method of typing everything into a Word document, so I cut & paste between the two programs - laborious but I like this program's layout for seeing the outline & characterisations quickly.
on 11 March 2016
Not good. Worked for a while the saved work vanished. Even when I found the file it refused to open... Hours of work gone. This did not happen just once. I uninstalled then binned the smashed up pieces in the bind, then binned the bin for good measuer.
on 19 June 2013
Perhaps it is my age, but I've always wanted to write short stories, or a novel, and I just can't concentrate enough. It does look simple to use, but it's vastly different to what I wanted, so I'll stick trying to use MSWD Word.
on 21 October 2015
Helpful software. But it won't make you write, you've got to do that yourself. If you need help organizing your short story or novel this will do the job.
on 8 November 2014
A basic novel writing programme - which is good value if that is all you want.