Write for Children Paperback – 22 Nov 2001
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
'This is a handbook for those who aspire to write for children, for experienced writers who wish to understand the different requirements of different readerships, and for those who simply wish to learn more about the books they, their chilren or young library members are reading ... This practical up-to-date guide for writing for children, illustrated by a wealth of published and tailor-made examples, should find a place on library shelves and those of many a writer and reader.' - Orana, Australian Library and Information Association
'The book is full of good advice ... Each topic is dealt with constructively and this leads to a very useful handbook for students of creative writing and for the student who wishes to pursue any topic in depth, a bibliography is provided at the end.' - Writing in Education
About the Author
Andrew Melrose is Senior Lecturer at King Alfred's College, Winchester, where he runs the MA course Writing for Children. He is also a successful children's author and well known for his animation and film work.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Curriculum Planning & Development
- Books > Languages
- Books > Reference > Writing > Writing Skills
- Books > Science & Nature > Education
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences