- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
A Wrinkle in Time (A Puffin Book) Paperback – 3 Jul 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Everyone in town thinks Meg Murry is volatile and dull-witted, and that her younger brother, Charles Wallace, is dumb. People are also saying that their physicist father has run off and left their brilliant scientist mother. Spurred on by these rumours and an unearthly stranger, the tesseract- touting Mrs Whatsit, Meg and Charles Wallace and their new friend Calvin O'Keefe embark on a perilous quest through space to find their father. In doing so, they must travel behind the shadow of an evil power that is darkening the cosmos, one planet at a time. This is no superhero tale, nor is it science fiction, although it shares elements of both. The travellers must rely on their individual and collective strengths, delving deep within themselves to find answers.
A well-loved classic and 1963 Newbery Medal winner, Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time is sophisticated in concept yet warm in tone, with mystery and love coursing through its pages. Meg's shattering, yet ultimately freeing, discovery that her father is not omnipotent provides a satisfying coming-of-age element. Readers will feel a sense of power as they travel with these three children, challenging concepts of time, space and the triumph of good over evil. The companion books in the Time quartet, continuing the adventures of the Murry family, are A Wind in the Door; A Swiftly Tilting Planet, which won the American Book Award; and Many Waters. Every young reader should experience L'Engle's captivating, occasionally life-changing contributions to children's literature. (Ages 9 and older) --Emilie Coulter --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
'A well-loved classic and 1963 Newbery Medal winner, Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time is sophisticated in concept yet warm in tone, with mystery and love coursing through its pages. 'Emilie Coulter, Amazon --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Family, Friends & Social Issues
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Humorous
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Mysteries & Detective Stories
- Books > Children's Books > Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Books > Children's Books > Hobbies & Interests > Time & Space
- Books > Humour > Fiction
- Books > Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Books > Young Adult > Love & Romance > Paranormal & Fantasy
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > General
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > General
- Books > Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Books > Young Adult > Social Issues > Family