on 1 May 2011
This filter does indeed appear to be a genuine OEM part that is manufactured for both Whirlpool and Samsung devices, the difference being the sticker on the filter!

I use these filters in a Samsung fridge freezer. The filter fits perfectly and seems to perform as well as those with a Samsung sticker (!) but at a much reduced cost.
on 3 June 2011
These filters are the same as the official Samsung filters. The Samsung filters are the exact same ones manufactured at the same place but with a Samsung label on them. These are the filters that come packaged with Whirlpool fridges. I have now used 2 of these and the water quality is great - the same as with the Samsung filter that came with my fridge (it would be, they are the same!). I have used compatible filters in the past and have noticed a sweet taste in the water so I will only get the genuine Samsung/Wpro filters from now on. Get these, they are far cheaper than the Samsung branded ones!
I held of reviewing this until I'd gone a full replacement cycle just to make sure there were no problems.

There weren't - but then again why would there be. As I understand it these are the same filters that Samsung supply. The only difference being that these are badged by the manufacturer - not re-badged and hiked in price by Samsung.

The first one I bought worked fine and now I have replaced that with a second one which has also slotted into place fine.

I notice some reviews comment on them being tight to fit - the original Samsung one that came with my fridge was also tight to fit so I don't think that's a problem with the filter in general, it just needs to be snug to remain watertight. Unless, of course, the other reviewers had faulty units.

So long as I can keep getting these at this price I will not be buying the Samsung ones for as long as I have the fridge!
on 18 July 2011
Easy to install, and a lot cheaper than the original Samsung Water Filter. Second time I have bought this product, and will purchase my third shortly.
on 19 June 2012
I am perfectly happy with this purchase. The filters are every bit as good as the ones I have bought previously at a high street store and with a significantly higher price tag. The value is brilliant. Why pay more? I will definitely purchase these again. Highly recommended.
on 15 December 2011
This is an identical one to the one that came with the Samsung Fridge/Freezer, the box is almost identical, it is in the fridge and working and it is a quarter of the price quoted by Samsung, what's not to like..?
Far be it from me to suggest that this would be the one that Samsung sent you for 4 times the money..!
on 2 January 2015
Beware, this unit will not, as claimed, fit the Samsung RSG5UUMH model. The lugs on this unit are ever so slightly different and will not allow the filter to engage properly in the fridge. Consequently, the fridge does not recognise that a replacement has been fitted and so the warning light to prompt renewal does not change from red to blue. Avoid!
on 2 June 2014
Fits perfectly but not as good as the Samsung filter. When I finish dispensing the water there is a drip of 4 to 5 drops of water. Just to confirm I put the old filter back and there was no drip after the water is dispense. Net time I will go with the tries and tested original Samsung product.
on 1 March 2014
every six months without fail I return and buy these filters - they work and do the job they are bought for without drama.We have enough drama in our lives without silly little things like water filters adding too it.
on 14 May 2014
I ordered this filter as it clearly stated it was a replacement for a Samsung DA29-00003G internal filter for my US style side by side Fridge/freezer, however despite being similar in size the filter screw thread is different from the original Samsung filter and therefore will NOT fit properly.

I have now been refunded, although reason given by supplier is incorrectly shown as late delivery and have obtained genuine Samsung DA29-00003G filter from non Amazon supplier at more expensive £35 each.