Customer reviews

on 3 March 2017
Bought it as a present for a friend who loves World of Warcraft and has been playing since the beginning, he loves it!
on 4 March 2017
I love the book, however I think that mass market paperbacks are too small for comfort
on 16 August 2011
Having read every single Warcraft Novel so far I was really looking forwatrd to my next piece of wow lore... it didn't disappoint. Great to read about Thrall again and the way his life has shaped him so far. There are some interesting little twists and turns I didnt fully expect, and a rare moment of tragedy for anyone who loves their lore characters. Lots of fun with the Aspects showing different unseen sides to their personalities. Tales of Sacrifice in the most honourable way that dragons do. Carries on really well from her last book "The Shattering".
Overall a fabulous extension to the lorefest of the Warcraft universe. Thank you to Christie Golden - keep on writing for Blizzard!

Shando, Stormrage EU ;-)
on 19 September 2011
Like the title says, one of the best warcraft books i have read in a long time.

** this review may contain spoilers **

The background story of the dragonflights, and Nefarian's experiments with the Chromatic dragonflight offer some good inside knowledge in those events.
Thrall is as always the selfless orc that helps everybody, Horde and Alliance alike.

I won't spoil any more, but i found this a great read and recommend it to everyone interested in the lore of the world of warcraft.
on 20 August 2011
If your either a Lore Nerd or a Hardcore Raider, this book will not disapoint, both me (a lore nerd) and my brother (a hardcore raider)read this book and found it both equally thrilling. Some points of the book make you simply unable to put down the book and your find yourself noticing the clock says 2am when you told yourself 'just 30 minutes before i go to sleep' at 11pm. An absolute must for Lore Nerds and Raiders alike.
on 14 November 2011
I loved this book. The story was gripping and had me turning pages like crazy. I also felt like i got more background on many of the creatures/persons in the game that normaly just give you quests or you hear of in Lore. I bought the book because it was a story of dragons and their fate within the WoW universe. I must say i was not disappointed. It also read a lot like it was taken directly from a questchain you might have done in the game. So now i'm hoping to see the story again that way too. Thrall made me curious from the moment he left his warchief "job" and ventured out to "save the world". His spiritual journey is most compelling. I felt likt my favourite game just got richer, and i will certainly keep buying these books to keep up with the Lore.
on 8 April 2012
Since Christie Golden released Arthas: Rise of The Lich King I have become a fan of her books and since these aren't avalaible in the UK they are well worth the read!

I'm a big World of Warcraft player and my biggest love is the Lore side of the game and Christie delivers the Lore perfectly and helps tie up any loose ends like this one fits in just before patch 4.2 Rage of the Firelands.

People might say she drags out some of her descriptions but it helps the reader visualise the story. Thrall is one of my favourite characters in the WoW world and Christie you have done it again! I look forward to your next WoW book

Worth the read guys
on 15 December 2011
I am a huge fan of Christie Golden's work so as soon as I heard she had written another novel I bought it Straight away.

I literally read it in two days, I just couldn't put it down. As usual the writing style just keeps you completely fascinated and gripped. It gives new dimensions to characters, is filled with excitement, tragedy and drama.

I am now tempted to purchase 'Wolfheart' just to get the Alliance perspective of this time in the WoW universe. Keep writing for Blizzard Christie! you're a fantastic and talented writer.
VINE VOICEon 7 September 2011
Great book, then most of the W O W books I think are great. Really good story.

I play the game and like to take these books away on holiday.
on 21 November 2011
Another stunning crafted piece of work from Christie Golden, with pure emotion dripping from the text. And solely focusing on the character of Thrall, how he changes so different with a realisation that puzzles him at the start, to what the results he wanted!

I loved it, and thinking onto the next book in regards to the Warcraft storyline!