World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Expansion Pack - Collectors Edition (PC/Mac)
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade on both CD and DVD
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade behind-the-scenes DVD
- The Art of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade hardcover art book
- Exclusive in-game pet: Netherwhelp
- Two World of Warcraft Trading Card Game starter packs, plus exclusive cards
- Map of Outland mouse pad
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade soundtrack CD
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Mint Condition, still in plastic, pet has never been claimed.
There are currently over eight million people playing World of WarCraft worldwide, a staggering number which makes it not only the most popular massively multiplayer online game but also the best selling PC game ever, beating even The Sims. Its easy to imagine then why this expansion has been so keenly awaited by so many people. At first, the additions may seem relatively minor to anyone that hasnt played the game before, but for fans that have been exploring and battling through every inch of the game world for the last two years, the chance to open up a whole new continent is like all your virtual Christmases come at once.
The other obvious new addition to the expansion is two new races for you to play as, each inverting the normal abilities and appearances of the opposing Alliance and Horde factions: the Blood Elves are bad guys and the Minotaur-like Draenei are goodies. Importantly all characters using the expansion pack can now rise to level 70 instead of 60, the access this gives to new weapons, armour and dungeons being of great importance to long time players. Theres also the prospect of flying animal mounts to get around the newly enlarged world more quickly.
Admittedly none of these features, including the new spells, talents and hundreds of new monsters, quests and items makes any real change to the basic gameplay or the now slightly dated looking graphics, but clearly theres a very large number of people who dont believe that needs changing.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
2) Most of the tracks on the CD are pretty familiar ones with few new cool additions.
3) Finally a DVD to install (no more put disc 2 and press ok...)
4) Mouse pad with outland map ...nice
5) Behind the scenes DVD is ok but they are not telling you much except how some classes and talents came to be the way they are right now and how they changed the lore "a bit" so that the expansion will fit in, plus why they changed PVP ....well we know that already don't we ;)
The new starting areas look good; especially the blood-elves capital city .There is also introduction to faction grinding right from level 10 for the horde at least. New active class abilities specially the gift of naaru (although on a timer) for Draenei is quite useful for classes that can't heal themselves without learning first-aid.
Jewel crafting has neat recipes (learned from a trainer mostly) for creating statues that can heal you over time.
And well the Outlands it's huge...
This collectors edition pack is great - decent mousemat, beautiful art book, soundtrack, trading cards and all the DVDs/CDs you need to install the expansion. The Netherwhelp companion that is mentioned you need to send off for (details on Blizzards WoW FAQ pages) but you get the little Netherwhelp and (because of the hassle of sending stuff off instead of what was originally planned) you get the bonus companion of Lurky the Murloc too (he's cute and he occasionally tapdances!). You get both the pets for any character you have already created and also for any new characters you create, which is nice.
Possibly a little pricey, but still worth getting.
2) Unless you want to create one of the new races in the game or take up jewelcrafting there is no need to buy this exspansion pack until you reach level 58 in game. On average this will take about 14 real life days playing 24/7. Even with this expspansion installed you will see no difference until you can enter the portal at level 58.
3) When you have installed tis there will be some quite hefty game updates so expect to go mow the lawn do the shopping wrtie a novel ect. If you are likely to have pc problems and need to reinstal the game make a backup of the downloaded updates to cdr. thsi will save you a heap of time in the future.
4) WARNING World of Warcraft is very adictive parents should make use of the parental control facility which is run independant of the user account and cannot be bypassed.
5)This game does not have a linear play. What you do is really up to you.
Otherwise, this is a really neat set, where you get your money's worth.
Play LOTR much better game all round