Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£12.99|
Save £6.00 (46%)
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
The World of Tibetan Buddhism: An Overview of Its Philosophy and Practice Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 226 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration. Add narration for a reduced price of £3.99 after you buy the Kindle book.
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book includes basic information on Tibetan Buddhism such as Dharma teachings, how to overcome emotions like anger, hatred and jealousy and information regarding interpretation of scriptures as well as HH the Dalai Lamas usual brand of cheeky humour.
The book also covers the broad subject of Tantra. I personally feel this may be a bit out of place in a book designed for beginners to Buddhism and may daunt some with its complexity which is why I didn't give the book five stars. However, in general you'd be hard to go wrong reading this book. Like most of HH the Dalai Lamas writings they have been written with the Western reader in mind and his unique way of explaining things gets the message across more often that not.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Philosophy
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Tibetan
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Zen
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Worship & Devotion > Meditations
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Meditations