- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press; 2 edition (24 April 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0521698537
- ISBN-13: 978-0521698535
- Product Dimensions: 17.4 x 2.2 x 24.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 73,226 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The World of Athens: An Introduction to Classical Athenian Culture (Reading Greek) Paperback – 24 Apr 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Classical Athens boasted one of the most impressive flowerings of civilisation ever known, with original and influential achievements in literature, art, philosophy, medicine and politics. This second edition of the best-selling textbook provides a highly readable and fully illustrated introduction to Classical Athens.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
I like this book and think it is good value for money.
I recommend the book as a useful teaching text book. However, for me there was not enough detail as the book covers a rather wide subject range.
Alternative reading: 'Athens' Christian Mier for people who are interested in a more flowing account.
I would recommend to others.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Birthday present for my wife, ordered rather late but still arrived on her birthday - as usual great efficiency. Many thnaksPublished on 28 Jan. 2013 by TJ Reynish
Got this product for my studies. It is extremely useful and exactly what I was looking for. Easy to read and understandPublished on 20 July 2012 by Abz