on 28 July 2017
found the book boring with an awful ending. Unfortunately, I wouldn't recommend this book.
on 8 June 2016
Funny and touching and almost *too* insightful about the anxieties and indulgences of my generation, Not Working had me laughing out loud and wanting to push it into the hands of pretty much all my friends.
on 18 June 2017
Hilarious take on life's anxieties that we all get from time to time. An easy gentle read. I am pleased with my purchase and would buy again.
on 18 July 2017
Took a little while to get into the structure and style, but once I did, quite enjoyed it. The character was somewhat infuriating, but still would have liked to know what happened after the last page! Recommend as an easy read.
on 4 August 2017
It was an easy, entertaining read. Thought provoking in some ways and funny at times but not a page turner that had me gripped.
on 12 December 2016
Well written, laugh out loud funny, quick read, page turner.
Would recommend to all women, I think we can all see ourselves in Claire at some point throughout the book, whether it's having doubts about your career, relationship, family, having children.
Very unique style of writing, absolutely loved it.
on 21 June 2017
Not brilliant if I'm honest. It was recommended to me via a podcast I listen too. The story never really gets going, you either keep reading to hope that the next page will lead up to more or you keep reading just to finish the book.
Leaves a lot to be desired.
on 14 August 2017
Overall disappointed with this book - it never really went anywhere and thus didn't really finish. I got to agree with the other reviewers - part of me wanted her to split from her boyfriend (who she treated horrendously at times) or something to happen basically! A little depressing...
on 30 December 2016
Not Working is hilarious and thoughtful with a small dollop of angst - the character of Claire was written perfectly. This book is for anyone who feels like they're in a bit of a rut, its a cheerful and an easy read for sure!
on 29 October 2016
Refreshing and addictive! You can't help falling for Claire as she searches for a vocation and a better life. This is an amusing and poignant read.