- Paperback: 480 pages
- Publisher: The History Press; Reprint edition (1 Jun. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0750956712
- ISBN-13: 978-0750956710
- Product Dimensions: 17.2 x 2.8 x 24.8 cm
- Average Customer Review: 51 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 118,705 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Workhouse Encyclopedia Paperback – 1 Jun 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Peter Higginbotham runs the website www.workhouses.org.uk. An expert on the subject of many years' standing, his previous titles include "The Workhouse Cookbook," "Life in a Victorian Workhouse," "Workhouses of the North," and "Workhouses of the Midlands."
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It was often the case where the mother died and left the father to look after the children.
Then this is the book for you---A great read and reference book
Great if you are looking into old workhouses
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews