WordPress Web Design For Dummies Paperback – 27 Sep 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
- Create dynamic, custom websites with the self–hosted version of WordPress
- Use free themes and enhance them with CSS and HTML
- Plan your design and choose graphics, colors, and fonts
IN FULL COLOR!
Want to create cost–effective, fabulous websites? Do it with WordPress here′s how!
WordPress is much more than a great blogging platform. You can use it as a content management system or to design a website using one of the many free WordPress themes. Your site can include an e–commerce storefront, photo gallery, discussion forum, social community, and more. Follow the steps in this book; you′ll be saying and hearing "wow!"
- Lay the groundwork get your domain, find a host that supports WordPress, and install WordPress on your web server
- Choose your tools select a text editor, set up FTP, choose the graphics type and software you need, and explore colors
- Pick a theme learn all about WordPress themes, find and install one, and add widgets and template tags
- Make it yours use CSS and HTML to customize site design and enhance your site with plugins
- Spruce it up optimize your website for search engines, add a photo gallery, and integrate Twitter and Facebook into your site
Open the book and find:
- Why you need to keep WordPress up to date
- Quick tips for content management
- What to look for in graphics and design
- Things you need to know about typography
- How parent and child themes work
- Ways to create a unique look for your site
- Ten powerful WordPress plugins
About the Author
Lisa Sabin–Wilson is co–owner of WebDevStudios (http://webdevstudios.com), a company specializing in custom WordPress plugins, themes, and deployments. She′s a popular conference speaker and bestselling author of WordPress For Dummies. Find her on Twitter: @LisaSabinWilson.