WordPress All-in-One For Dummies Paperback – 31 May 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
WordPress is free and with this WordPress how–to guide, it can also be easy!
Invest a bit of time with this book, and you′ll have a blog that suits your needs, delights your readers, and keeps visitors coming back. Here′s something for everyone: blogging basics if you′re just starting out, SEO and social media tricks to drive traffic to your site, and ways to customize your blog with plugins and themes.
- Build your foundation if you′re just getting started, learn WordPress and blogging basics
- Dig in learn about the software that powers WordPress, how to obtain a web server, and why you need FTP
- Dashing here and there see how to make the WordPress dashboard your administrative hub
- Publishing perfection discover options for posting to your site, saving drafts, adding multimedia files, and more
- Social media magic learn to make your site social media and search engine friendly
- What′s in a theme make your blog unique with personalized themes you can create or enhance
- Attention geeks tinker with plugin base code or create your own plugin from scratch
- Super you achieve "super admin" status by running a multisite installation
Open the book and find:
- Tips for making your blog stand out
- What you should know about open source
- WordPress web hosting requirements
- How to manage comments
- The difference between blog posts and static pages
- Pointers on finding social media influencers
- Advice on using site analytics
- How to find and install plugins
8 BOOKS IN 1
- WordPress Basics
- Setting Up the WordPress Software
- Exploring the WordPress Dashboard
- Publishing Your Site with WordPress
- Examining SEO and Social Media
- Customizing the Look of Your Site
- Using and Developing Plugins
- Running Multiple Sites with WordPress
About the Author
Lisa Sabin–Wilson is the founder and creative director of E.Webscapes Design Studio, a web design company specializing in blog design and development with emphasis on WordPress. She′s a popular conference speaker and the bestselling author of WordPress For Dummies and WordPress Web Design For Dummies.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
A release of the best-selling 'for Dummies'© series, with plenty of good information for both beginners and more advanced users, laid out in a clear and concise manner. The author is an expert in the field (have read other titles by her), and really knows her stuff - this book is a great textbook for beginners, as well as a reference guide for others (always forgetting something and having to look at it myself).
Finally a note - if you are looking for a guide to using Wordpress through their website, this is not it. This volume is written for those who have their own Wordpress site hosted elsewhere (more control/options available).
As a fairly new user of this blogging platform, this book has proved essential for understanding the blog concept and the capabilities of this popular blogging platform.