- Hardcover: 192 pages
- Publisher: Stobart Davies; 1st edition (1 Jan. 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0854421300
- ISBN-13: 978-0854421305
- Product Dimensions: 22 x 1.8 x 30.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
576,303 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #16 in Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Antiques & Collectables by Subject > Kitchenware
- #603 in Books > Home & Garden > Buying & Developing Property > Building Your Own Home > Carpentry & Woodwork
- #732 in Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies
The Wooden Bowl Hardcover – 1 Jan 2009
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Presenting an account of the history of the wooden bowl, this book details evidence of the turners craft dating back 4000 years, and also looks at the development of lathe technology, as well as the tools and timbers used. It also features photographs that show priceless, gold-adorned vessels buried with Saxon Kings.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Robin is evidently a master of his craft and his enthusiasm and knowledge leaps from every page.
This is an absolute must of a book for anyone interested in history and woodcraft and would compliment anybody's book collection. I wish this first book of Robin Wood the very best of success.
Aficionados of British timber species suitable for turning will also find this a valuable resource. Last and certianly not least is the exploration of various turning methods that precede powered lathes.
The wooden bowl is well researched , referenced and written by a wood turner with a real passion for the past.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
An excellent book for those interested in the history of lathes and wood craft, advanced woodworkers, and also of interest to archeologists, historians and reinactors.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Antiques & Collectables by Subject > Kitchenware
- Books > Home & Garden > Antiques & Collectables > Reference & Price Guides
- Books > Home & Garden > Carpentry & Woodwork
- Books > Home & Garden > Crafts > Woodworking
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Industrial Chemistry & Manufacturing Technologies
- Books > Sports, Hobbies & Games > Hobbies & Games