- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
- Buy this product and stream 90 days of Amazon Music Unlimited for free. E-mail after purchase. Conditions apply. Learn more
- Spend £10 on Kindle Books, get £3 in Kindle Book credit. Limited-time special offer. Offer valid till 26 November 2020.
Wonderful Adventures of Mrs. Seacole in Many Lands: A Black Nurse in the Crimean War (Aziloth Books) Paperback – 17 April 2014
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
- ISBN-10 : 1909735450
- ISBN-13 : 978-1909735453
- Paperback : 130 pages
- Dimensions : 15.2 x 0.71 x 22.9 cm
- Publisher : Aziloth Books (17 April 2014)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: 1,885,318 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer reviews:
Customers who read this book have also read
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Even allowing for some exaggeration, it is clear that Mary Seacole's life was one of adventure. She wasn't afraid to put herself in the line of fire and travelled to some of the trickiest locations on the planet by the sound of it. Certainly she was driven by trade (something the British Establishment couldn't forgive her), but she also had altruistic motives for looking after the sick. After all, there was no funding to support her, so medicines and first aid had to be paid for somehow.
Her descriptions of people and places make for exciting and engaging reading. So what if some of it sounds like a Victorian novel? There is enough of the ring of truth to make it a quite fascinating autobiography.
- the writing in the book is very small, almost like reading the instructions off a shampoo bottle. So it may not be the best version to buy if you struggle with your sight.