Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £1.28 UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
The Wonderful 101 (Nintendo Wii U)
Find the latest releases and bundle offers on Nintendo Wii U.
|Price:||£32.29 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Nintendo Wii U
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Strength in Numbers
Earth is under attack from an invasion of enormous aliens, and the only thing that can protect the planet is a group of unlikely, yet mighty, heroes with special abilities. Unfortunately, the aliens are too powerful for the heroes to fight individually. They must join forces and work together to defeat their common enemy. These uniquely different
heroes can morph into powerful weapons to crush the invaders or turn into objects like a giant fist or bridge to interact with and traverse the environments.
- Players must explore each stage to find helpless citizens and recruit them to join their army of heroes. The more heroes you gather, the greater your Special Morph Powers will be.
- Players can use the Wii U GamePad’s touch screen to command heroes such as Bonzai Man, Vending Machine Man and even Toilet Bowl Man. Heroes can also morph into gelatin to guard themselves from enemy attacks.
- Players can also use the GamePad to explore areas unseen on the TV screen and solve puzzle elements.
- PlatinumGames, known for hit titles like Bayonetta and MadWorld, has partnered with Nintendo to apply its unique talent to the development of one of the first games for Wii U.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The plot essentially revolves around a group of people collectively titled the Wonderful 100 (the extra 1 is YOU!) who are given Superpowers via medallions around their necks which allow them Superhuman powers to take on an Alien threat.
Gameplay. You start each mission with a handful of people and as you explore the world you recruit more, think of it more like Little King's Story or Pikmin, each of the main characters allow you to have different attacks, for example Wonder-Red uses a giant fist, which can be used not only to attack enemies but also to turn valves. Wonder-Blue turns people into swords, which can slash at enemies while also picking locks.
To gain these 'wonderful' abilities you need to are required to either draw symbols on the stylus or use the R stick, personally I found it better to mix it up to accomplish this as some symbols are awkward with the stick.
Controls overall in the game take a little getting used to, but ultimately are fine. I found a few people getting frustrated with the game and blaming the controls rather than their own lack of skill.
Combat in the game is similar to a lot of Platinum games with some new things mixed in, you have your different attacks however simply attacking is not enough as you'll be required to block and dodge, however to do this you will be required to spend at the shop in between levels.
This is a Platinum game through and through, expect the game to hold your hand and you'll quickly find that you'll struggle with it. However if you don't mind hard work and learning about things for yourself you'll find this title far more rewarding.Read more ›
Sitting down with the demo I was head kicked as enemies beat me up, sent me flying across the screen and the other 100 followers didn't seem to even care... I got extremely frustrated quickly and thought I am not buying this game!
I then watched a video on the game, a rather behind the scenes development glimpse and I caught sight of a developer playing a level; he was attacking and swiping at the Wii U gamepad quickly connecting Unite morphs one after the other and then I realised I hadn't even considered doing that.
Anyway here I am with a copy of the game a few days before release and I am over the moon with the experience. Think of it as a Power Rangers Hyper extreme over the top eye feast, that while not graphically the most impressive game on Wii U it certainly is one that utilises the Wii U system perfectly.
If you have played a Platinum Games title before you will know that they are experts in fighting mechanics, what I have come to love about TW101 is that the game rewards your experimentation allowing you to pull off extreme combos as your men and women morph into giant fists and then swords in seconds.Read more ›
- Case, cover, game disc and manual.
- The controls of W101 are great, everything works smoothly although if you're planning to buy this game please try the demo first and learn how the controls properly work because this isn't your typical game where you jump in and know how everything works -- Nope, Wonderful 101 makes you want to play the game how it was intended otherwise you'll just die and eventually give up due to your own fault. Don't let this happen.
- In Wonderful 101 you can either use the Wii U GamePad or the Wii U Pro Controller, and it's not necessary to pick up the GamePad for additional screen because it's possible to bring up a little box with it and then hide it away when not needed.
- I'd recommend the Pro Controller over the GamePad because it lasts for 80h-90h of battery whereas the GamePad needs to be recharged every 3-4 hours which isn't comforting, though its advantage is that you can play the whole game on the GamePad without the TV on.
- They look absolutely stunning in HD with its cartoony and shiny look, I'd hope that by the cartoon-ish graphics it wouldn't be a reason for someone to ignore it (people are quick to judge it's insane).
- Sometimes the camera is unable to track your every move so you'll be wondering at least a couple of times where your character is localised, but once you catch up with its pace this isn't an issue any more.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great mechanics, great ideas, great combat system (which is incredibly rewarding and satisfying once you really get the hang of it), great art, great story, great voice acting,... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Iqbal
This is one of the best games I've ever played. You have to persevere with it, because the ending is just amazing. I've never laughed so much while button bashing in my life.Published 6 months ago by Hamsterlove
Massive reputation among Wii U owners, gorgeous graphics, cool little heroes, very little quality I'm afraid.Published 7 months ago by Stephen
Pikmin on Steroids!!
Original, fast, and fun!
The combination of action and strategy it's similar to Pikmin. Read more