- Visit our Cookware Store for great brands at top prices.
Wonderbag Portable Slow Cooker with Recipe Book Navy/Brown
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- For every Wonderbag purchased from Amazon.co.uk, Wonderbag donates one to a family in need in Africa where this portable slow cooker can reduce a family's cooking fuel use by up to 30% - saving money and easing poverty
- Portable slow cooker for gourmet dining anywhere - perfect for home, parties, picnics, camping, BBQs and family holidays
- Eco-friendly slow cooking - no plugs, no fuss; cooks your food, unplugged, by retaining the heat from an initial simmer on the stove; perfect for the holidays when stove, freezer and counter space are at a premium
- Fits your home - works with 2-9Litre pots with short handles; metal and cast iron are best
- Cooking/warming/chilling - its clever insulation also keeps food frozen and chilled
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
What’s a Wonderbag?
The Wonderbag is a portable slow cooker that will continue to cook your food for up to 12 hours after simmering. Just bring your food to the boil on the stove, simmer as guided by the recipe, then place in the bag. It causes around 50% less evaporation than ordinary cooking so the food can’t burn or dry out - however long you leave it - and it saves precious time and energy. The Wonderbag is made from quality cottons that are tough and easy to care for. It comes vacuum-packed and requires friction to bring it back to life and then measures approx 45cm x 45cm x 25cm. It can be hand washed (or on a hand wash setting on your machine). It also doubles up as a cool bag and will keep ice creams frozen for up to two hours, and large frozen meal/bags of ice will stay frozen for up to 24 hours. Just like the cooking, the more you put inside the bag, the more you give it to work with. This makes a brilliant eco gift and kitchen accessory for men or women. Wonderbag will donate a bag to a family in Africa for every one sold on Amazon.co.uk.
Wonderbag Benefits in the Developing World
The Wonderbag Foundation donates bags in Africa where the Wonderbag can reduce a family's fuel use by up to 30% - saving money and easing poverty. The Wonderbag reduces CO2 emissions and harmful toxic fumes which means less respiratory problems and other diseases, particularly in children. There are fewer burns and fires in the kitchen, because stoves are used less. When less time is spent stirring a pot, time is created for child-care, education and other activities. Cooking in the Wonderbag means less evaporation occurs, so less water needs to be collected; saving time and spinal damage. 20% of all staple food in Africa is burned, due to pots being placed on open fires and unregulated stove tops but with the Wonderbag no burning happens. One simple bag, creating huge impacts.
- Bring a pot of food to a boil and then simmer for a short period of time (will vary by dish type, see recipe booklet) being sure to get the lid hot too.
- Place lidded pot into the Wonderbag, place the cushion on the lid of the cooking pot and close the Wonderbag tightly.
- Let the Wonderbag slow cook to perfection for as long as you would otherwise simmer. The food is ready when you are.
- Open the Wonderbag, season and serve.
The Wonderbag comes boxed and is vacuum-packed. It is essential to decompress the foam chips before use to restore their insulating powers. Take each section of the Wonderbag separately applying friction (fingertips) to the foam chips to soften them. It takes approximately a week for the creases to drop out depending on how often you use the Wonderbag.
To speed up cooking time, cut ingredients into smaller pieces. Never put a pot that is over 180 degrees C into the Wonderbag. If you're unsure of temperature, place a potholder (silicone is best) in the base of the Wonderbag and put Wonderbag on a trivet when in use. Food should not be fall below 60 degrees C for longer than 2 hours before consuming or refrigerating. When in doubt, use a thermometer to ensure you food is above 60 degrees C.
1 x vacuum packed Wonderbag, with recipe booklet.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
It is actually a reversible bag, for 2-color options! Not sure why the price is so much more than the others though.