Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

on 6 July 2014
This series must be read in order. The first book is Witchwood Estate-Going Home. This is the second book.

Alexandria has finally made it home and boy has it changed! But then I guess 12 years will do that... The town still has all its colonial charm and old-fashioned buildings but new buildings and danger lurk around unseen corners. Is Alexandria up for the homecoming she has been waiting for all her life or will she find she is in over her head?

I really don't want to say too much so as to not give away any surprises in the plot line... just let me say this book is full of enough suspense and supernatural elements to make up for it's episodic nature! I really enjoyed it and can not wait to read the next episode Cursed!!!

***This series is suitable for mature young adult through adult readers who enjoy a bit of a fractured fairytale vibe in their modern paranormal small town fantasy action adventure coming of age suspense mystery thrillers with plenty of intrigue and romance as well as a dash or two of horror :)
on 8 November 2013
Ferntree Falls, book two in the Witchwood Estate series is even better than book one, who'd have thought it possible? Alexandria arrives at her home town and is met by Raymond, he arrives late for her, and she has an instant dislike to him. A well earned one because he really is horrid. In this story we also meet his equally horrid wife Vera. I won't go into spoiler detail but suffice to say Alexandria isn't welcomed with open arms by them. This book also introduces us to River who is a shape shifter and when he isn't in human form he is a gorgeous white wolf. We meet Kat who seems like a spoiled little rich girl, yet is nice to Alexandria, but at the end of the book you have to ask yourself if it's all been a ruse? Talk about a cliff hanger.

One of the things I love about these books is the detail that Patti Roberts goes into when she is describing things. As these books are heavily based on witches, there are amazing spells in them, including the ingredients used etc. You really believe you are reading the book of a real witch. MAYBE Patti is one??? Either way it makes the books that much more enthralling.

Thankfully I got into the series after the first three were written, so I am able to move straight onto book 3....lucky too because the cliff hanger would have been just too cruel otherwise!

Patti describes these books well, saying that they are a teen paranormal series, BUT for the young at heart too. I am 45 and I LOVE this series, it's a light quick read yet as fully engrossing as any TV series. I recommend this book and this series to young and old. It would actually make an awesome TV show, so any would be producers out there reading this, take note!
on 4 June 2014
Well what can I say once again?
In book one we are introduced to Alexandria and Andrew and now in book 2 we're introduced to even more wonderfully written characters. Can't wait to read more about Andrew, I want to know everything about him and the white wolf! The story is captivating and I can't wait to read the next installment Cursed!
Keep up the great work Patti, you rock (:
xox
on 12 May 2016
Good story but the story were to short tow into one would have been better