Witchcraft and Demonology in South-West England, 1640-1789 (Palgrave Historical Studies in Witchcraft and Magic) Hardcover – 15 Jan 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A re-evaluation of the supposed 'decline' of witchcraft and demonology in England after the Civil War using case-studies from South-West England 1640-1789
About the Author
JONATHAN BARRYhas taught History at Exeter University, UK, where he is an Associate Professor and Dean of Taught Programmes, since 1985. He has published widely in urban, social, cultural, religious and medical history, editing nine books, including Witchcraft in Early Modern Europe (1996) and (with Owen Davies) Palgrave Advances in Witchcraft Historiography (2007).
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early Modern 1501-1700 (Tudors, Stuarts, Commonwealth, Restoration, Glorious Revolution)
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Essays, Journals, Letters & True Accounts > 16th-18th Centuries
- Books > History > Religious History > Other Religions
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Comparative Religion
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism