on 1 April 2017
This new vinyl edition is gorgeous! The packaging still includes the same postcard from back in the day and the beautifully iconic artwork has never looked better on both the front and back of the outside sleeve. The black plastic bag can be a bit of a pain as the sticky seal can get caught on the vinyl cover when taking it out and putting it back in, so if you don't mind soing so I would suggest throwing the bag away, or at least don't keep putting the sleeve back into it (even though I can't help myself from doing exactly that)! This edition isn't very different to the 2011 remaster so I would only advise purchasing this one if you don't own the 2011 edition. The sound is fantastic and the album is just as good as ever. Overall, it is a terrific album and would highly recommend for any Pink Floyd fan!
9 people found this helpful
on 19 January 2018
For some reason I didn't buy this when I was in my Pink Floyd fan days. Watched the TV programme about the album, and re-motivated I decided to remedy my oversight.

Very glad I did.

CD comes in a card folder not a plastic CD case which I think I prefer.
4 people found this helpful
on 9 November 2015
Having already bought and really enjoyed the Dark Side vinyl reissue, I thought a new copy of Wish Your Were Here was worth acquiring. Once again this is the 2011 digital remaster transferred onto vinyl, a somewhat controversial approach given some of the reviews here but I expect that dredging out the original tapes to create a new analogue pressing would have meant too much time and expense for what is after all a niche market. Therefore I expected that I could live with a possible lack of sonic integrity in exchange for obtaining a clean press and new packaging for under £20.
So what does this release have to offer? I have a previous vinyl edition (I must check the matrix numbers one day) so I do know what WYWH looks and sounds like. As for this version though, first the packaging. It's nice to have the outer-lining, stickers and postcard as well as a cool new poster. The colours on the cover are beautifully rendered on this edition and the photos are pin sharp. As others have pointed out though, the inner sleeve is too tight as is the spindle hole on the vinyl. As for the sound, would I be able to tell the difference in a blind listening between my analogue and digital editions? Well to be honest I couldn't be bothered to take part in some faux Pepsi Challenge exercise just to prove what a terrible decision the record company had made by going digital. Instead I put the record on, listened to the music and it sounded great - no noise, no rumble, just fantastic music. So there you have it. If the thought of digitally corrupted audio drives you insane, then avoid, otherwise there's a lot worse things to spend your £20 on.
2 people found this helpful
on 10 November 2016
This review loses 2 stars because of the packaging....Inner card sleeve way too tight . Probably by about 5 mm all round...impossible to get vinyl out without hairline scratching it. Disappointing when considering the price, the care taken to get the look right, and the number of reviewers pointing this out over a number of years. Obviously no one at Pink Floyd cares enough to rectify this.
Still a great album though and a must have in any collection. 25/12/2016 Have just received Dark Side Of The Moon and although the outer appears the same size, they have included a nice black poly lined sleeve. Well done and I hope that this will become standard.
3 people found this helpful
on 9 May 2017
Excellent this production. The sound is great. Vinyl is of very good quality. The presentation is great. I am very happy with this purchase.
4 people found this helpful
on 11 March 2018
Having owned, and listened to, this on CD for many years it was a natural choice for me when I rejoined the vinyl world. Now, as I never had this on vinyl the first time round, I can't compare it to any original version, but compared to the, still excellent, CD it is. literally, music to my ears. From the packaging to the heavyweight feel of the record to the ever so slight static crackle as the needle comes down onto the vinyl this album makes you feel a part of the music, and then when vocals start on the title track, a song I have listened to many, many times, you realise why people talk about the 'warmth' of vinyl. I know most Pink Floyd fans won't need convincing of the beauty of this album, but if you're new to vinyl and want something to show off its attributes, this could be the way for you, possibly even over The Dark Side of The Moon.
on 10 May 2018
This is my third album and this one is going knowere,the others have been begged, borrowed and played to destrution,one of britons finest rock bands have done it again and composed a masterpiece truley amazing for the time a classic dedicated to the bands founder Syd Barret who sadley lost his way and what a compliment, floyd Roger Waters,Dave Gilmore,Nick Mason and Richard Wright will go down in rock history along with a musical C/V that is hard to match Shine on you crazy diamonds.
on 22 August 2017
'Wish You Were Here' is a very soul touching track on this album, if you have lost someone you'll relate to what I mean, followed by Shine On You Crazy Diamond, a tribute to Syd Barrett. This is also a great track!
on 17 June 2015
An all time great album as good as Dark Side in my humble opinion. I had this on Vinyl went it was first released and then on CD. This discovery remix is brilliant with great stereo separation. The only gripe I have with all these discovery editions is the cheap skate cases which are a right pain and will cause damage if care is not taken. Why oh why have they gone to this cardboard rubbish, profit no doubt! Five stars for disk and remix plus tracks and 0 stars for excuse for a case.
on 30 January 2016
Bought this CD to replace my only copy on tape of Wish You Were Here. One of their Iconic albums which has to be a part of any Pink Floyd collection, the cover is a rubbish cardboard affair but I've since stored it in a proper CD case which I would recommend to anyone buying this copy. The recording is good quality and is value for money, would have been 5 stars but for the cover.