- Paperback: 416 pages
- Publisher: Harper Perennial (30 Jan. 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0062215450
- ISBN-13: 978-0062215451
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 2.4 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (10 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 388,448 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Wisdom of the Myths: How Greek Mythology Can Change Your Life (Learning to Live) Paperback – 30 Jan 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
“In this marvelously wise and expansive book, Luc Ferry argues for the primacy of Greek myth. ... Ferry writes with warmth, wit, and energy; one could call his prose conversational, but it’s rare to have a conversation quite this wonderful.” (Boston Globe)
“With Luc Ferry as a guide, our passage through the storied landscape of Greek mythology becomes a captivating lesson in philosophy.” (Le Monde (France))
“Ferry’s charm as a teacher bursts through on every page.” (Wall Street Journal)
“A marvelously wise and expansive book. ... Ferry writes with warmth, wit, and energy; one could call his prose conversational, but it’s rare to have a conversation quite this wonderful.” (Boston Globe)
About the Author
Luc Ferry is a philosopher and the author of the national bestseller A Brief History of Thought. From 2002 to 2004 he served as France's minister of national education. He has been awarded the Prix Médicis, Prix Jean-Jacques-Rousseau, and Prix Aujourd'hui, in addition to being an officer of the French Legion of Honor and a knight of the Order of Arts and Letters. He lives in Paris.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
An interesting, and different view to that of the late Robert Graves, The Greek Myths, in putting a contemporary, and practicable explanation and perspective on the Greek myths. Read morePublished on 15 Nov. 2014 by Christopher Stewart Davis
Maybe personal choice but not really for me. I was expecting something lighter I suppose. Didn't finish the book.Published on 30 Oct. 2014 by GB50
Luc Ferry strains his utmost to wring deep philosophical meanings from the Myths and, for this reader at least, fails to deliver. Read morePublished on 12 April 2014 by Derek Malpass
Looks at Greek Myths from the view of deep psychology,Written with passion and enthusiasm hence easy to read and digest full of knowledge and warmth. Read morePublished on 12 Mar. 2014 by a painter
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Greece
- Books > History > Ancient History & Civilisation > Rome
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Mythology > Folklore
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Customs & Folklore > Folklore