- Also check our best rated Powerline Adapter reviews
2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage CoverLondon General Insurance Company Limited
- Mechanical and electrical breakdown cover including accidental damage.
- E-mail delivery of policy documents within 24 hours.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Cancel at any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter. Transferable if you sell or gift your product.
- Amazon Protect does not cover products purchased for business/commercial use and only covers products purchased on the same day from Amazon.co.uk. Please read the Policy Summary and Terms and Conditions located on the insurance product page before buying.
devolo dLAN 500 AV Wireless+ Add-On Powerline Adapter (500 Mbps via Power Line, 300 Mbps WiFi, 1 x PLC Homeplug Adapter, 3 x LAN Ports, WiFi Booster, Wireless Range Extender, whole home wifi) - White
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we dispatch the item.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fast connection for gaming on PC, console, tablet with devolo powerline: 500 Mbps for fast data transmission in your home network, dual band Wireless-N connectivity up to 300 Mbps for range extending
- 3x LAN ports for connecting three cabled network devices, the integrated electrical socket ensures that no power outlet is wasted
- Easily expand your network at any time and integrate additional devices into your home network with an additional dLAN adaptor (compatible with all adaptors of the devolo 200/500/550/650/1200 Mbps product series)
- Encryption for WLAN (WPS, WEP, WPA/WPA2) and dLAN (AES)
- Box contains: 1 x dLAN 500 AV Wireless+ Adapter, 1 x Installation Guide
Devolo Products sold and dispatched by Amazon carry the Devolo Warranty. Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Devolo dLAN 500 AV Wireless+ Add-On Powerline Adapter (500 Mbps, Wi-Fi Extender, Wi-Fi Repeater, Wi-Fi Booster 3 LAN Ports, Pass Through, PLC Adapter, Ethernet, Data Filter, Wi-Fi Move) - White, Pack of 1.
Includes: 1 x dLAN 500 AV Wireless + Adapter
1 x Instruction Manual
1 x Product CD
From the manufacturer
dLAN 500 AV Wireless Add- on Adapter
Wi-Fi, Wherever You Want It
dLAN meets Wi-Fi
dLAN Powerline adapter with integrated WLAN - any power outlet also turns into a WLAN access point. In the dLAN 500 AV Wireless+ from devolo, experience the fast, secure and simple dLAN Powerline home network. The integration of two high-performance WLAN antennas into the adapter housing connects not only three stationary network-compatible devices, but also all wireless WLAN products. dLAN connects all network-compatible products from IT and consumer electronics--including smartphones, computers and Smart TVs. With its transmission rate of up to 500 Mbps, the dLAN 500 AV Wireless+ is the ideal way to provide broadband Internet services such as ADSL or VDSL throughout the home. dLAN uses household electrical wiring for this--Internet-based entertainment can be received anywhere in a home thanks to phase shifting. The advantage: this way, WLAN is used in the rooms or floors in which it is actually needed. Poor WLAN reception is a thing of the past.
Expand your existing powerline home network with this smart dLAN adapter and Wi-Fi extender.
Using nothing more than power sockets, your home network can be anywhere you need them to be within your home. This dLAN 500 AV Wireless Add-On unit is compatible and integrates well with all adapters in the devolo 200, 500 and 650 product series, making network expansion a breeze.
Wi-Fi Move Technology also allows for multiple Wi-Fi access points throughout your home, connecting your device to the nearest one automatically; this means that any device is always seamlessly connected to the strongest signal. Ideal performance no matter where you are, even on the move.
Connection is achieved via your mains electrical supply so no complex cable or hub installations are required; simply plug in, set up and get online. The dLAN 500 AV Wireless is housed in a sleek casing with an integrated three-pin UK plug socket, so you don’t have to sacrifice any power outlets sockets to expand your network.
More than just a Wi-Fi socket, the dLAN 500 AV Wireless Powerline Adapter has three integrated LAN ports for connecting your desktop, games console or media centre. Automatic encryption, child safety features and super-efficient power-saving features also offer peace of mind and rock-solid performance every time. Start your home network expansion.
Key Benefits At a Glance:
- Uninterrupted, full-strength Wi-Fi! Finally, maximum Wi-Fi reception. Everywhere.
- High-speed data transmission at speeds of up to 500 Mbps and three LAN connections for connecting additional terminal devices (e.g. smart TV, game consoles, etc).
- The integrated socket ensures that no electrical outlet in the room goes to waste.
- The ideal Wi-Fi connection for smartphones, laptops and tablets.
- The intuitive app helps you perfectly manage your personal home network (e.g. child-safety features, guest accounts, Wi-Fi time control).
- Automatic encryption. Active protection against unauthorised access.
- Minimal energy consumption with the PowerSave technology from devolo: continuous, intelligent and fully automatic.
- Compatible with all adapters of the 200/500/650 product series.
Wi-Fi Move--Intelligent Networking Throughout the Home
Wi-Fi Move Technology brings boundless Internet freedom to any room--even before you are there. Only Wi-Fi Move enables a wide variety of Wi-Fi access points throughout the home. The ideal part is that your terminal devices, such as smartphones, tablets or laptops, log in to the nearest transmitter automatically. Thus you always have full Wi-Fi reception and maximise the potential of your devices. Experience high-speed media streaming and other forms of online entertainment like you have never seen before. With Wi-Fi Move, you can very quickly set up a large wireless network in your home and monitor it effortlessly using the intuitive app. Use it to set up your personal passwords and other security settings. Your personal settings are transferred automatically to all Wi-Fi Move access points. Of course, your home network can be expanded as desired using Wi-Fi Move Technology: simply connect additional adapters in the exact place you want to enjoy boundless Internet freedom.
|dLAN 500 Wi-Fi||dLAN 500 duo||dLAN 500 duo+||dLAN 650 triple+||dLAN 650+||dLAN 500 AV Wireless+|
|Connects smart tv, media box, receiver, game console||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Connects tablet, smart phone||✓||✓|
|Power (maximum data rate)||500 Mbit/s||500 Mbit/s||500 Mbit/s||600 Mbit/s||600 Mbit/s||500 Mbit/s|
|Device connections||1 x LAN||2 x LAN||2 x LAN||3 x Gbit- LAN||1 x Gbit- LAN||1 x LAN|
|Integrated power socket||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wi-Fi move technology||✓||✓|
|Range + technology||✓||✓||✓|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Unlike the DLAN200, this kit is EXTREMELY UNRELIABLE. The wifi and internet connections keeps dropping. The net goes dead from the Devolo which also frequently refuses connections from various wifi products (e.g. iphones/ipads etc). The WIFI icon often flashes red, or a solid red, meaning the internet is not usable. Speedtests frequently show very very slow (<5Mbps) downloads, sometimes nothing at all, and often upload speeds are faster.
The first unit I bought from Maplin was the DLAN500 without passthrough plug. When I troubleshooted why that one was so unstable, Devolo Tech told me it's because I've got interference on my power circuit. I said I'd been using DLAN200 for years without issues, and they then went down blind avenues, for example telling me to plug this unit in its own plug socket at least 1 metre away from any othe plugs...I said my plug configuration in my study where my router is won't allow it, and blah blah blah.. no real solution from apart from re-wiring my mains sockets in my study....
I rang again and this time I was told the DLAN500 is newer technology and uses a frequency that is more commonly used by electrical appliances these days, increasing likelihood of interference on my power circuit, compared to the DLAN200 where interference is less of an issue.
So I was advised to buy the DLAN 500 with pass through plug socket (this kit that I am reviewing now) as I was told anything that is plugged in through this is insulated from interference. Total garbage, it's been as unstable as the first DLAN500, and the only reason it's taken me so long to return it is out of sheer frustration that I couldn't face dealing with it and troubleshooting it yet again.
Suffice to say, this evening when yet another relaxing evening has been ruined by a lack of consistent download ability, I decided to return this effectively useless DLAN500 kit, and I've plugged back in my old DLAN200. Now I have no interference, and it's giving me download speeds of just under 20Mbps. Not as fast as what I'm getting from my router (c. 40Mbps) but fast enough to stream HD etc, so I'm sticking with old tech in this case.
It's incredible that in 2016, newer tech such as this DLAN500 is such a step back compared to old tech (DLAN200) which I bought about 3 to 4 years ago. Avoid if you're buying it in 2016 and not using with a time-machine.
This gizmo from Devolo solved the problem in an instant. It's a clever idea and design and without going into further technical info it works extremely well. Dual band of course and I now have a very strong, wide bandwidth consistent 5gHz WiFi. No buffering (so far anyway). My wallet is a little thinner but I can now watch streamed video frustration-free so I think for me it's money very well spent. I cannot comment on longevity or consistency as I haven't had it long enough but currently I can thoroughly recommend this unit.
If you install Cockpit I suggest that you use it to configure your plugs and then delete it. Even deletion will take quite a while because the first thing it shows is something along the lines of "stopping running task". Be very patient at this point.
I just don't think that software of this poor quality is acceptable. I'll be trying once again to persuade the wife to let me rip up floorboards and put an ethernet cable in. Oh and the plugs really ought to last longer too. They're not cheap.
Most recent customer reviews