on 8 September 2013
Since Amazon's review system incorporates all sellers of the product I am placing my review based on the product I received from "memorycapital" for the "Wired Headset - Black (Xbox 360)". The headset in question was an instant hit with my online allies who said for the first time since they'd met me my voice sounded over the connection with my British accent intact, whereas the standard Microsoft Xbox 360 Mike that came with the console made my voice emotionless and dalek like, which would have been nice if they'd mentioned. Nevertheless I will just have too see how long the product lasts before the internal components begin to deteriorate, I am told that these mike's tend to last around 4-6 months but as I said I have no basis for comparison yet as my old one lasted me a year ½. All in all though this product currently has me satisified and I would recommend to anyone who likes wearing their mike on their neck rather than their as it doesn't get in the way when playing.
One person found this helpful
on 4 November 2013
works great and looks good too fantastic delivery and price great value for money would recommend to anyone thanks will be buying again
8 people found this helpful
on 13 May 2014
My Trittion 5.1 surround sound gaming headset had broken and i was in need of a temporary mic, I went to game and was shocked that the cheap mics like this were around £15! So i came on amazon and saw this generic wired headset, it has great sound quality and good mic quality too. Even though it has a cheap feel if you look after your electronics then it will last you some time! This Mic lasted me 8 months, great while i saved up for a new one!

Cons -
Cheap feel, can break easily if not careful.
on 23 November 2016
Cheap and cheerful ... it lasted only a couple of months but there again what do you expect for the price.

This is a 100% unbiased review sellers never provide me with free items to review or try!
on 5 January 2015
This does the job. You can hear others clearly, and they can hear you clearly.

You just need to plug it into the controller and that is all.

The main downside is it is very uncomfortable and feels like it will snap at any moment.
on 17 December 2013
Q: Why did you choose this rating?
A: I will explain why next.
Q:What did you like and dislike?
A (Like): Its a pretty good headset for a cheap price.
A (Dislike): It starts to make a light buzzing sound that irritates my friends and me because I have to take it out and put in again. Thats the only disadvantage of it.
Q: Who would you recommend this product to?
A: Poorer families that need to buy a headset for their child or family member.
on 26 April 2013
The headset works fine, you can chat to friends or use game chat as expected. There is a volume dial which lets you turn the volume up to a sufficient level. Generally, they're everything you'd expect from a very cheap headset, but they work just fine.

A few things to note:
You can't get game audio out of them.
There is an on-off mute button attached to the jack.

The only real problems with this headset is that you can only have the microphone on the left side of your head, it won't rotate to the right instead. Also, they will snap easily if you mistreat them, as they're only made of plastic, but basically for about £3 each they're great if you just want to use them for the chat functions of XBL.
on 28 June 2013
I bought this as I broke my original xbox headset. I thought it would be 'ok' for the price I paid but it works fine. If anything it works better than the original! For the price, I would highly recommend it. I have gone through quite a few headsets (Some expensive ones such as turtle beach) the cheap ones are just as good. You can hear chat only, not online game play but who cares? Ideal for just communicating.

The only down side to this product is that you can only have the microphone on your left hand side. I am used to having it on my right, I suppose I will have to get used to it.
on 22 January 2013
This is a cheap product but does the job. Looking at the price, I wasn't expecting much and of course it has its faults here and there but it is useable and I believe good value for money.
10 people found this helpful
on 17 June 2014
These have lasted just over a month before the microphone became detached. The wire inside the casing from the microphone twists every time you turn it to try and keep it in a reasonable position - a rubbish design. I guess you get what you pay for, these may be ok if you are a careful adult but hopeless for kids.

See one answered question