8,109
Size: 1.8m|Colour Name: black|Change
Price:£0.70+ Free shipping

on 9 March 2009
I have this cable and a £40 one I bought when the Playstation 3 first came out, and I can safely say that the two produce an IDENTICAL image. There's absolutely no difference in quality between this, extremely well priced one, and the over priced ones that the oh-so-convincing sales reps might convince you that you need. HDMI cables are digital cables, not analogue, and therefore do not differ in quality the way analogue leads used to.

The 1.8M cable in this case is perfectly long enough to come from the back of the television to any Blu-Ray player, PS3, Xbox 360, etc, with a little bit of give as well - and it's not so long that the data transfer commits the image to loose quality (studies have shown that longer leads can affect signal strength, so the shorter the better). If you have a HDMI port in the back of your monitor, you can also use this for that - I have tried it with both the PS3, and Xbox 360 and it looks fantastic. A perfect cable in all respects.

UPDATE (Sept 2014): I have now been using this HDMI cable for 5 years, and I am still using it - although now on updated hardware. It works just as well on my PS4, and this has got to be one of the very best purchases I have ever made. Fantastic value.
4040 comments| 781 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 February 2012
Having bought at least 20 HDMI cables over the last 4 or 5 years, I feel I am in a good position to comment on these cables.
First, let me start by saying that I have spent £70 in the past on a HDMI cable and while there is no doubting that it was superbly
built and finished off, it sits behind my tv out of sight. These cables are a good length for most applications and more importantly,
for those of you who have flat screens with side mounted sockets, they are really slim, flexible cables which can be bent behind the
tv out of sight (this is a big issue with certain tellys). There is no difference I can see to the image quality these cables produce
to those of much more expensive cables.
Don't waste your hard earned money, buy these instead.
PS
Since I wrote this review, I have purchased another 6 of these cables with 2 more on order and I am still amazed how they can supply
them for this incredible price.
Stunning value!
44 comments| 258 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2008
Very High quality HDMI lead for the price Like many people have said DO NOT waste your money on expensive leads unless you are planning on it being well over 2m which i have read somewhere should not be as good on some cheap cables,but im sure this one is good, i did not get the item in the picture though, it was a similar item, which looks much better and has a shiny finish to it,The Gold plated connector are a nice looking finish and im sure this has a few other benifits aswell, also the wire i got is much more protected than the one in the picture so im extremely pleased! Overall A Outstanding buy, I recommened this to anyone! One of the best HDMI cable Deals ive seen around!
review image
22 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2011
I was a bit dubious about ordering this item, because it was so much cheaper than similar items in the shops. I'm so glad I ordered this item. Why would anyone need to pay £40+ with the big retailers, when this item is just as good, if not better. I would have no hesitation in recommending this product.
on 4 November 2009
I recently bought a 1080p HD TV so needed the requisite HDMI cable to enjoy a crystal clear picture (especially for the Xbox 360), imagine my joy when I disovered these cables at less than a quid!!!!! The picture is perfect, I've compared them with a friends M*nster brand cable and THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN PICTURE QUALITY!!!
Don't be fooled into buying vastly expensive alternatives, I can testify that these do job at a fraction of the price!
1010 comments| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2009
Hi,

I had been looking for sometime for a cable that could connect various consoles, blu-ray players etc to my newly purchased LCD HDTV. I had heard HD blows away the standard definition picture and so was looking for the best quality cable available to maximise this experience of HD for the first time.

As I read more and more reviews on the HDMI cables I began realising that there is no difference (apart from the profits for the company/commission for sales rep ;-)) between a £50-100 cable or a MUCH cheaper alternative. It was due to this I decided on this particular HDMI cable (I mean for the price, what did I have to lose in any case?)

The cable arrived very promptly after my initial order and was extremely well packaged. I connected the cable from the HDTV to my Xbox 360 straight away because I couldn't wait to see for myself about the hype! I found the 1.8m length of the cable to be no problem whatsoever, in fact, it is almost the perfect length to connect two compatible machines that are placed quite close together as there is not much extra loose cable to try to hide or cover. Also, through researching I also found that the shorter the cable the better the chance of higher quality (I think this is due to the information that goes through the cable having less of a way to travel - but I'm no technical expert so don't quote me on that! lol).

Anyway, once connected, I was amazed by the picture quality and found what everyone else was saying about how good the HDMI cable was to be true. I had no problems whatsoever in connecting, or any other hardware/software issues. It was literally connecting the cable, turning on both HDTV and Xbox 360 and using it exactly the same as before.

I see no drawbacks to this product and highly recommend it it, and especially considering the price, you can't really lose out!

I hope this review has been helpful to you in deciding whether to get this HDMI cable or not. Thanks! ;-)
22 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 November 2011
I paid only £1.29 for this lead and was highly delighted with it. Why pay expensive prices when this does the job perfect.

The lead is a perfect size for connecting TV to any source - HDD/DVD recorder, blue ray player, PS3 etc. - with still enough slack. Note this lead is also HDCP, which is required for delivering the full 1080i or 1080p experience. The picture quality delivered is stable and excellent, with no noise at all. The lead and connecters is of good enough quality considering the price.

Here's a word of advice regarding HDMI leads - the length of the lead is important. If you want the full 1080i or 1080p then the lead must be 5 metres or under in length, using a longer lead then you will experience screen flickering and noise, the longer the lead the worse this will be. Example - I use a 10 metre HDMI lead from my Computer to TV and have to reduce the resolution to 720p to eliminate screen flicker and noise.

I can only add that I am more than delighted with this purchase and I would certainly recommend it to anyone considering purchasing an HDMI lead.
on 5 February 2010
So a HDMI cable at a couple of Pounds and Gold connectors to Boot! I'm using this cable between a Sony Bluray and an LG full HD tv and an XBox and the TV. Even though it is not branded it easily conforms to the 1.3 HDMI spec and I get full 1080p @ upto 60 frames per second through it. Blurays only do 24 frames per second. Something you might expect from a £80 cable or even a £30 cable... well I would expect it from this cable and this is why.

Expensive cables offer oxygen free copper and gold connectors and silicon sheaths ... these attributes are to do with conductivity and free ion partcle activity in the cable which gives rise to electrical noise. This happens through oxygen ions in the copper and thermocouple effects of connecting one metal to another. All very intersting and important in two specific areas. One is analogue audio from hi fi sources where electrical noise in the cable is very bad for the quality. The other is in signal transmission as the noise degrades the signal over longer transmission distances ( 10 of metres)and it is possible to lose the signal all together in the noise.

So having established this we now turn to HDMI, a digital signal and protocol with error detection built in. It is either on or off and will either get to the other end or wont. so Oxygen free copper and gold connetors are pretty pointless electrically but help in terms of build quality. The high frequency at which HDMI operates means that capacitive effects in the capble are more important, but so long as the cable is well insulated this will be negligable over shorter distances. And having a more expensive cable will never improve the image as it is the bit rate in the digital signal that determines the image size,quality and colour depth. Unless you go the the super high frequence HDMI 1.4 that can carry higher bit rates but this is for 3D through HDMI ... anyone got a 3D tv yet ?

So if your XBox, bluray, upscaling DVD, PS3 or HD TV are less than a few metres apart you could almost get HDMI through a couple of bits of copper wire. Wrap those copper wires in some thicker plastic shielding for mechanical strength and attach a moulded connector of reasonable quality and bingo a HDMI cable.

Build quality of these is not great, they feel plasticy (not nice smooth espensive silcon, which is always important behind the TV I find), but what do you expect for the price, if like me you have permanent set up and dont stress the cables by repeated insertion/extraction and moving the cables then the quality/pice ratio is spot on. If on the other hand you wish to pull the cables out every two minutes and bend the cables etc then I would go for a more expensive cable for the build quality.

Other than that ... this is the first sensibly priced HDMI cable I have found.
22 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 January 2011
I have a degree in computer networks; I know how the digital devices communicate.
Digital cables, such as HDMI cable, carry digital signal: stream of bits, basically zeros and ones. Therefore, they don't carry better or weaker signal as the analogue cables may do; they either transmit or don't transmit (do or don't work). If some data is lost on cheap cable than it can be retransmitted. If a lot of data is lost than you don't get any picture and know that the cable is faulty. Some cables may be better shielded than others but it doesn't matter for home users, on short runs. Oh, and the gold connectors don't make any difference at all.

Despite what you may have heard from a sells rep, a digital cable worth few pounds will provide the same picture and audio quality as the one worth £60. Therefore, this cable is all you need to connect your TV to the Xbox 360, PS3, Blu-ray player etc. This is true on short runs. If you need a long cable than you should look around for high quality cable.

This cable supports the most common HDMI 1.3 standard. HDMI 1.4 supports higher resolutions than 1.3 but the maximum bandwidth is the same for both standards (10.2 Gbps). A HDMI Category 2 high speed cable that supports 1.3 standard will work properly with 1.4 standard.

However, there is one additional feature in HDMI 1.4 standard: HDMI Ethernet connection between the two devices. HDMI 1.3 cables don't support Ethernet channel. You need to look for a HDMI 1.4 or HDMI Ethernet cable.
The same rules apply to 1.4 cable: there is no need to buy an expensive one.
55 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2009
Perfect cheap little HDMI cable. Does the job just as well as the majority of much more expensive ones.