Customer reviews

on 3 June 1999
It is now some time since I read the book though the effect has lasted longer than any other written material read by me throughout my life! I personally feel that this book should be read by all parents and teachers - people who tell our young people to get their heads out of the clouds. Frank Dick appears to be saying to the young - or anyone dreaming of achieving a goal! - to put your head into the clouds and go and get what you see. This book gives you the courage to break your goal into achievable steps and at least try when you would otherwise have perceived your goal as beyond your abilities. The book can only be surpassed by hearing the man himself speak!
on 15 February 2002
Any good book ought to challenge you and change the way you feel about the world or yourself. Sport is the absolute metaphor for work and life and Frank captures this beautifully.
If you've never had the fortune of attending one of Franks seminars then you will be inspired by this book!
on 17 January 2014
A really good book as a starter for sports psychology that I am using as an aid to teach my classes
on 25 June 2013
I bought this book as a gift for a friend. I keep a copy for myself because I love the author.
on 7 October 2004
contains inspiring pictures of the author with the great Daley Thompson in his back garden (East Hill, Sanderstead). A must for any Daley fan, or sports fan for that matter.