Windows 8 Plain & Simple Paperback – 30 Sep 2012
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Your easy, colorful, SEE-HOW guide!
About the Author
Nancy C. Muir is the author of more than 50 technology books, including several bestsellers on Office PowerPoint. She has worked as a trainer and university instructor, and she has a certificate in distance learning design.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book uses a minimal amount of text and relies mostly on screen captures to demonstrate the specific point under discussion at any stage. It will easily suit the younger reader and those who are not overtly technically-minded but need or want to gain as much information about the System as quickly as possible. There are sufficient changes in appearance, methodology and in relocation of tools etc in relation to Windows 7 to demand some guidance to the new user who may be upgrading. If you do not have any prior experience with Windows, it will certainly get you up and running with a new computer with the System pre-installed but does not specifically provide information about installation issues for upgraders. There is an Appendix section where one short chapter approaches some upgrade-specific considerations but it does not provide a step-by-step pre-installation regime in any way comparable to the contents of any of its main chapters. There are other titles from Microsoft where such information is available for those who may need it.
The book is moderately sized and not too thick with less than 350 pages.Read more ›
I was lost in windows8 until I bought this book,now I am finding my way around.
recommend this book--yes.
It provides an excellent overview of Windows 8.
BTW My particular purchase had pages 97-112 missing (sections 7 & 8) - this is very unusual - but it would be prudent to check yours.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I didn't get very far with this book. I common with many other I dislike Windows 8 intenselyPublished 16 months ago by Ian Willsher
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computing & Internet > Computer Science > Information Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Video
- Books > Computing & Internet > Microsoft Windows > Operating Systems
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Introduction to Network & Security
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Network Topics
- Books > Computing & Internet > Networking & Security > Security
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Animation & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics & Animation
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > Web-server Software > Microsoft