on 3 September 2015
Bought it to replace my defunct XP pc. Plugged in to all my peripherals and, after adding drivers and installing previously used software, it worked just fine. Very pleased indeed with such a bargain.

BUT .. after about 3 weeks of use, there was a click and the screen suddenly went black during an editing session - after which the computer never booted properly again. HandyGeekUK were most helpful - after an exchange of emails (over the bank holiday weekend too!) it seemed likely that the cause was power supply failure. 2 days later I received and installed a replacement power supply unit from them. After running repair and system restore, my pc was back up and working, almost as if nothing had happened. Phew!

So - when you read:

"And the rule of thumb for electronics is: if they run, they will likely run forever! "

under refurbished product in the product description, take it with a pinch of salt and note the word LIKELY!

But I'm really not grumbling, and as the outcome is just fine now, I'd like to thank HandyGeekUK for being so helpful and responding so quickly.
on 31 July 2013
I was looking for a replacement computer for one I had for 2 years and loved but had some file damage. My computer use is limited to internet, and business type applications - I do not use the computer for games (except maybe solitaire!)

Initially very nervous buying a computer on-line as not very technically minded, not sure what processors, etc to choose. Also first refurbished computer I have ever bought so doubly nervous.

No need - the computer was excellent. Worked straight away when plugged in. Windows disk included. Wifi dongle included. Few if any marks on the casing to show it was pre-owned.

Delivery by Sams Computers was excellent - arrived before the dispatch deadline. Well wrapped so it did not get damaged.

Glad I bought it and would use Sams again without hesitation
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2013
First time I've bought a refurbished computer,now realise how much money I've been wasting.My order was delivered earlier than stated,and was packed very securely,apart from a very small mark on the case,this computer looks brand new,and as stated by the seller ,just plugged it in and away it went.Very good service ,would definitely recommend Sams,excellent service and price.
on 13 December 2013
Perfect for what I wanted .A clean fast computer to plug into my 43 inch samsung tv .I bought a wireless key board to enable me to switch from my computer to tv without leaving my sofa .
So It has also converted my tv into a smart tv and I also get a new computer all for 130 quid .
I am quite surprised how fast it is as well .
I have binned my useless laptop and use an apple mini ipad that fits in my pocket outside .
33 comments| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2015
Excellent pre-owned computer. Needed a good desktop to replace our old one which was dying and felt that a good refurbished one would suit. I would highly recommend HandyGeekUK as they were extremely helpful, arranged delivery on the exact day I needed, their description was honest and correct, the machine is very good and fast and their back up has been superb with friendly and knowledgeable staff. I would recommend this company!
on 9 August 2015
This is a very good Seller the pc had no marks looks new it came with ms 7 now running very well on 10 after two hrs came wiyh all doc's would buy, off this seller again
review image review image
on 9 May 2015
Very happy with this computer. Quick delivery, arrived well packaged and works! Is perfect for what I want (email/internet/basic stuff!) It arrived clean and ready to use. All the right software installed (for me) - including Skype, adobe & Open Office - Haven't used open office before, but I don't think I'll bother paying for Microsoft Office as this suits me fine. Don't know what else I can say but am impressed with it so far especially with the price. Obviously not as fast as brand new speedy computer, but I have no problem with a few windows/internet browsers open at once. Don't think I will ever buy a new computer again.
UPDATE: Wanted to put an update on this review - now that I have completed all windows/driver/software updates, I have found that this computer is actually quite fast (especially compared to my last one that died after 4 gruelling years!!). Also note that it came with a DVD ROM not RW as advertised - this makes no difference to me, but other buyers may want to check before purchase.
on 4 February 2014
This is the first time I have bought a used computer and was feeling rather hesitant, but the power supply in my Dell had blown up. I messed about trawling the internet and needed a replacement without a screen, keyboard or mouse.

This find on Amazon was spot on, and runs like a dream. I still have to recover the files and programs from the old hard drive, but I will do that with a hard drive docking station.
on 3 February 2014
Level 2 provided a great services, very supportive and easy to talk to. I would definitely recommend them and will be using them again in the future
on 20 May 2014
This computer would not boot up. After a phone call it was returned but was told nothing wrong could be found. It was returned to me but still would not boot up or even attempt to. I was told to return it and given choice of different model or cash back including p&p.
This may have been "just one of those things". I cannot fault the distributors who were really helpful, reliable and very prompt at collecting and delivering. I wouldn't hesitate to shop there again.