- Amazon Student Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Windows 8 for Dummies Paperback – 14 Sep 2012
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Just want to get going with Windows 8? This book was made for you!
Windows 8 looks and acts differently than previous Windows versions. The touch–friendly Start screen and new apps can confuse even the most experienced Windows user. This book helps you master Windows 8 by getting you started using the new interface, finding that missing file, creating a network, using Windows 8 on your tablet, and more.
- The big changes tour the Start screen, where you load apps and programs, see where the desktop went, and use the Control Panel to customize Windows 8
- Touch and go get acquainted with the many features designed for touchscreen devices
- Tour the web use Internet Explorer, set up and use e–mail, access your social networks, and do it all with more security
- When you have to share discover how to protect everyone′s privacy and how to set up a network
- The magic of media play CDs, digital music, and movies, or work with photos transferred from your camera
Open the book and find:
- Straightforward explanations of unique features
- Which version of Windows 8 is right for you
- Tips for touchscreen users
- Whether you should upgrade to Windows 8
- Easy, do–it–yourself maintenance tips
- How to download apps from the Windows Store
- The easy way to back up your PC
- Ten things that will drive you crazy and how to fix them
- Use the Start screen to launch apps
- Send e–mail and link to social media accounts
- Create music playlists, watch videos, and organize photos
- Troubleshoot common problems
About the Author
Andy Rathbone is an expert on PC operation and repair, home theater and entertainment technologies, and tablet computing. In addition to all editions of Windows For Dummies, he is the author of Upgrading & Fixing Computers Do–It–Yourself For Dummies and Motorola XOOM For Dummies.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
It's hard to imagine any other consumer product that needs so much setting up, installing, registering, configuring etc all before you can do anything with it! Thankfully there are people like Andy Rathbone who can make sense of it and present it in an interesting, useful and entertaining way. Highly recommended for beginners and experts alike. Every new computer should include a copy of this terrific book/dvd package!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Windows 8 is terrible if you ask me but at least this book helped him get past any questions he had.Read more
Look for similar items by category