Customer reviews

Windowlicker
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 July 2016
I love this track,so chilled out and fresh sounding,definetly one of his best,check out the music video for this its brilliant!
on 18 February 2016
Great alternative track
on 28 December 2014
a great tune, love this crazy guy
on 28 April 2017
Ok
on 19 July 2014
Awesome and interesting album. my only qualm is that the abrasive 2nd track, 'equation', is now stuck in my head, and is gradually degrading my sanity...
on 5 September 2014
Great!
VINE VOICEon 2 May 2015
I don't get it. I bought this disc in good faith believing the reviews here and what I get is a 2 minute sound loop that is frankly rubbish.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 January 2014
Once again Amazon MP3 Download came to the rescue . I had the original whole album on CD , but wanted it on my computer- unfortunately this particular track was scratched and un recordable/un playable . SO recorded all the other tracks from the CD then Downloaded this track from Amazon .RESULT have now got the whole CD on my Computer Ready for all our wild Transexual Sex parties - Gay Vicar, Labour MP`S ,Chief Mason of the Grand White Buffalo Order, Police Commisioner,Top Coppers & City Coucillors included . NICE !
on 24 December 2006
Opening with a noise that sounds suspiciously like someone belching into a microphone, Windowlicker opens into one of the most strange and brilliantly inspiring songs ever. It has the ability to sound all over the place, yet still stick to a tune and pattern, which is a pretty hard to do. I can't stand Formula (hence the 4 stars, otherwise it would have 5), its just unlistenable. Nannou is really fascinating. Its like a music box dancing accross a table top in the middle of the night.

I think the cover sort of defines it. Richard D James has invaded music, made it swallow a bomb and given the detonator to a monkey.

Inspired.
on 1 August 2007
This is a great starting place for anyone new to Aphex Twin. If you are already an Aphex fan then you've got this. Unless... well, then, you better buy this one quickly and not tell anyone that you didn't own it at one point.

If you know anything about Aphex Twin then you already know what the music on this single is going to sound like. Also, unless you don't own a TV, you have probably seen the video to the title track late at night. If you haven't, then, it's like the front cover but moving. Also, if you don't know anything about Richard D. James and his wonderful music then the songs sound like that cover.
The title track is his usual mix of genius electronic music, loud and abrasive drum - I'd like to say beats here, but, really it's less of actual beats and more of just beating the drums - and weird and terrifying sampled (I assume) vocals. It sounds simple enough but after Richard D. James gets his hands on anything, instead of turning to gold, it turns to Windowlicker.
Formula is weird, good; I like it anyway, but is basically just horrible noises for five minutes.
Nannou is a great song that's simple but not in anyway simple. I know you get me so don't pull that face. ... Actually, I can't even be bothered to write about it. It's just a really catchy music box tune.

Anyway, buy this now. It is worth it for Windowlicker and Nannou.