Format: Paperback|Change

on 20 April 2015
Very nice book. Good for the advanced DIY because it has concrete projects one can do. Good for the physics enthusiast because it gives just enough of a glimpse of what formulas and directions to take if we feel like pursuing it further. Good for the person with no physics or mathematics skills because we can learn something and DO something even without doing our own computations. It's a small book, but it opens big dreams. Thank you Hugh.
on 19 January 2012
I'm no eco warrior, I don't care a toss about climate change. I'm interested in domestic wind power for purely pragmatic reasons, but feared that this book would be largely filled with hippy BS. To my happy surprise it has turned out to be a book which is as pragmatic as I am: no propaganda, just the facts marm. And very interesting facts they are too: even briefly dipping into the book taught me things I didn't know before. My background is engineering, I had certain intuitions about how things would work which turn out to be plain wrong. For example, I had in mind a smaller less intrusive diameter with more blades to get the same torque, but the book explains why that is great for pumping water, not so good for power generation. I still have my hopes though! :-)
55 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2015
Second copy I bought of this excellent book.
on 23 January 2016
Quick delivery well made, does the job.
on 12 September 2015
Good book for wind power starters...
on 17 December 2015
great product good read!
on 1 February 2016
not too much help
on 23 July 2015
If I'm honest I expected a more instructional book, with a clear and easy layout. This is more like a book I'd use to research a project rather than to simply read and do/copy.
on 21 December 2015