on 27 January 2014
I used to read William as a youngster - usually when I was ill from some thing like chickenpox or the usual childhood infectious things. Always hugely raised my spirits - far better than the medicine I was given! Thinking these would pale compared to the effect they had on my younger self - I was wonderfully enthralled by the eternally significant relevance of a young boy with rebellion at his heart despite a sincere desire to be successful and better than others at what he did. Richmal Crompton plants the hilarity fuse, paces the trail and detonates the charge - just at the right time. Much ridiculous giggling occurs when I read these stories .. makes me feel so young again! How wonderful.
on 15 May 2015
I read this book for the first time in 1969. The perception of the stories has changed from reading this as an 11 year old who wanted to be William, to now understanding the fantastic nuances Richmal Crompton built into her text for the adult readers. An absolute must for fans of all ages.
on 3 June 2014
In 1942 I obtained a second-hand copy of Just William to read during a long sea voyage. I loved that book, and dipped into it occasionally during subsequent years. So it was very pleasing to discover these inexpensive Kindle books so that I could dip into some of the other William books at no great cost. I find the stories very amusing and relaxing. After a long day of hard work I am very tired in the evening, and just the reading of a single William story is enough to calm me down and help me to get a good night's sleep.
on 18 January 2014
Richmal Crompton is, quite simply, the best. Extensive,evocative, ironic vocabulary. Read the other William books. Thank you Macmillan for publishing them again.
on 26 November 2015
I love the William books for their humour and seeming simplicity. William never grows older even though I do. Each story a perfect length. Highly recommended.
on 5 February 2014
Does exactly what was required. Reads well and mother enjoyed reading it. No complaints from us and 5 stars given.
on 25 June 2014
I remember these books from my school days. It seemed very appropiate to but it for my Grandson William !
on 24 October 2015
Downloaded with pages missing! had to get refund. Never seen that happen before
on 2 December 2014
Classic genius for kids....my 9 loved the story daughter loved.
on 21 December 2015