- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
William Shakespeare - The Winter's Tale - Complete Edition  [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£19.01 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
The RSC's 1998/99 production of THE WINTER'S TALE, performed at the Barbican Theatre, London, is presented here for the first time in a complete and un-edited edition. This landmark production was hailed by critics and played to packed houses both in Stratford and London.
'Greg Doran's TRIUMPHANT production' --The Sunday Telegraph
A MASTERFUL version of one of the very greatest plays not to be missed. Sher's Leontes is a performance of overwhelming psychotic intensity. THRILLING. --Daily Mail
One of Sher's most intense, most fully achieved performances...its greatest subtly lies in portraying the side of Leontes that Leontes doesn't know. MAGNIFICENT...Doran and Jones BRILLIANT imagination. --The Guardian
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
For students studying the play, or people like me who love the Bard's works and want to know more about them, this is fascinating. The director and leading players talk about the play and how they approached this production. Each interview leads into part of a scene from the play. The whole amounts to a severely edited version of the play interspersed with interesting people describing the bits cut, and why they so love the play.
I first saw The Winter's Tale at Shakespeare's Globe and unlike most other plays I've seen there, I wasn't impressed. Seeing this DVD changed my mind, and made me want to see a full production again. A subsequent BBC Radio production confirmed that it is one of Shakespeare's greatest.
I might have bought this DVD if I had known what it was, but I was looking for a performance of "The Winter's Tale", and this isn't it.
Foot stamping is also too distractive.