Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 31 Aug 2011, 19:25:19 BST
Last edited by the author on 31 Aug 2011, 21:11:55 BST
Just wondering if attack of the clones will include the Jango haedbutting obi wan scene on the blu ray? Can anyone confirm it will be in the film or cut like it was on the dvd?

Posted on 31 Aug 2011, 21:00:39 BST
So far that information is not available on the BBFC website, which seems a bit odd as the time is nearing for the release.
I can't confirm, but I heard that the uncut U.S box set is region free.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2011, 17:46:04 BST
S. Storey says:
Cheers for the reply, I have a friend going to the U.S. next week so he is bringing me the 9 disc set back from there.

Posted on 4 Sep 2011, 13:29:42 BST
The headbutt was edited out to achieve a PG rating, it now says on the BBFC site, its literally only a one second cut, I will live without it

Posted on 4 Sep 2011, 14:33:52 BST
Last edited by the author on 4 Sep 2011, 14:34:08 BST
Yes, that was with the first DVD release, but the 2008/09 PT Boxset had the headbutt shots intact. Are you absolutely sure they cut it out of the Blu-Ray release?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Sep 2011, 17:04:23 BST
Are you sure the headbutt was put back into the prequel trilogy boxset on dvd as I have just message 2 people on ebay to ask them to look at their copies and both have got back to me saying there is no headbutt scene, i really hope the blu ray version isnt cut in the uk version

Posted on 5 Sep 2011, 01:06:26 BST
the information for the bbfc info was dated 2011 and was for the blu ray collections, and specifially states the headbutt was removed at the request of lucasfilm to get a pg rating, otherwise it wouldve been a 12

Posted on 5 Sep 2011, 15:40:41 BST
I can't confirm that. I was just on the bbfc.co.uk website and searched for "Attack of the Clones" and "Star Wars". The only cut entries that I could find for Episode II are dated from 2002.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Sep 2011, 18:56:15 BST
S. Storey says:
Just recieved this : Dear Steven,

Thank you for sending your query to Twentieth Century Fox.

I can confirm that the information that we have been provided by Lucas Films is that the release of Attack of the Clones on Blu ray is the uncut version.

Kind regards,

20th Century Fox Customer Service
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment,

31-32 Soho Square, W1D 3AP

Email: foxconsumerqueries@fox.com

Looks promising!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2011, 16:58:50 BST
That's good news. I hate it when films are cut, even if it is only a second or two.

Posted on 6 Sep 2011, 17:28:55 BST
Avatouir says:
Incidently on the topic of "headbuts" a reassuring thing may be that in the Matrix Blu-Ray, a headbut scene between Mopheus and Agent Smith (the bathroom fight) was shown uncut. This was despite being cut in both the VHS and DVD versions and the rating remaining unchanged.

Posted on 6 Sep 2011, 17:47:40 BST
F. J. Prado says:
since the boxset is already rated "12" there is no need to cut attack to get a PG rating for that individual tittle.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2011, 18:31:51 BST
S. Storey says:
Yeah but with the BBFC that means nowt sadly!

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2011, 18:36:55 BST
The last dvd boxset of the prequel boxset was rated at 12 yet after contacting 2 people on ebay selling their sets, both got back to me and said the headbutt was cut out

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Sep 2011, 20:34:45 BST
S. Storey says:
Maybe someone needs to concact Lucasfilm direct to get a 100% accurate answer?

Posted on 7 Sep 2011, 12:11:48 BST
Last edited by the author on 7 Sep 2011, 12:12:59 BST
hippo says:
The last boxset was just the previous individual discs (which had been sold indiviually), but collected into a box. They were the same discs as the individual release, hence why it was still cut.
As this Blu-ray set is only available as a set & they aren't releasing the films individually, there's no need for 20th Century Fox to try to get a PG rating for AOTC.

Besides, the BBFC have relaxed their rules regarding headbutts in recent years. Spiderman 2 Blu-ray now has a headbutt reinstated (the scene where Aunt May is hanging by her umbrella). The DVD's of this were cut (with the same reason as AOTC- to avoid 12 cert), but the Blu-ray is now uncut, AND is also still rated PG (no increase to 12).
Based on this AOTC could keep the headbutt & still be kept PG if they wanted to.

Posted on 7 Sep 2011, 13:29:53 BST
C. Gould says:
Fox generally uses the same masters around the world for major releases like this, so I wouldn't worry. Someone I know on another forum emailed the BBFC r=directly and they said it's uncut. Sometimes they're just slow to update their website.

Posted on 7 Sep 2011, 17:51:42 BST
D. Broughton says:
The BBFC have now passed Attack of the Clones as PG with previous cut waived for the Blu-ray release

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/GVF172768/

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Sep 2011, 21:22:21 BST
Dillan says:
Attack of the Clones has been uncut for a little while. The version in the Prequel Trilogy box set from a few years ago is uncut as well.

Posted on 8 Sep 2011, 16:46:37 BST
C. Gould says:
Don't think it was mate. AFAIK that was just a repackaging of the old discs and it's only just had its cuts waived.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Sep 2011, 17:03:55 BST
Dillan says:
Nah, the metal tin box sets had pan-European disks in them (the same disks used across Europe, except for dubbed versions). Episode II is uncut in this particular release - I've double checked for you too, mine is uncut. Headbutt is there, but the disk says PG.

Fox probably didn't bother with an official re-rating because the box set itself is 12-rated anyway. But now it's been re-rated on Blu-ray, and kept a PG rating.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Sep 2011, 18:24:39 BST
Last edited by the author on 11 Sep 2011, 18:49:36 BST
Green Bow says:
D. Broughton that link has the 'cut' version roughly 6 minutes longer than the uncut, not sure its reliable

Posted on 12 Sep 2011, 00:00:23 BST
Last edited by the author on 12 Sep 2011, 00:04:52 BST
hippo says:
That's because BBFC is using the PAL run time for some reason (PAL runtimes are shorter due to 4% "PAL speedup"). It does also say Remarks-Previous cuts waived.

In any case, I've had the discs since Friday (from Tesco entertainment) & AOTC IS uncut.

Posted on 12 Sep 2011, 14:25:14 BST
D. Broughton says:
@Chewie84 - like hippo said it does say 'previous cuts waived'. please read before contradicting people : )
Since they made the censorship cut in the first place, you can't get more reliable than the official BBFC site can you?

Posted on 14 Sep 2011, 14:47:58 BST
Neal Vincent says:
So the headbutt in Episode II is confirmed to be intact on the UK Blu-ray? That's good to know... I have the 9-disc UK Blu-ray set here (just arrived) and didn't fancy taking the cellophane off it until I'd double-checked it was uncut, to avoid a struggle returning it if it was censored.

Mind you, even if it was cut, I'm fairly sure returning it wouldn't be too much of a problem... Spot that tagline on the back of the box-set? "The Force on Blu-ray - OWN EVERY MOMENT"? Well, if a certain headbutting "moment" wasn't included, that would be a clear violation of the Trade Descriptions Act wouldn't it? XD
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  31 Aug 2011
Latest post:  26 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers