on 29 April 2017
I had this as an audible book but I loved it so much I think I'll buy a hard copy so I can write my own notes on it.
on 14 September 2017
Excellent - full of super advice. Easy to understand. Very effective but simple. Just do it and don't look back.
on 12 December 2017
So funny and practical. I like Ramit’s writing style. Cover basic topics everyone must to know. Useful stuff to apply in your day to day.
on 9 June 2017
Funny and informative. One of the top financial books on the shelf today. I am really happy that I have read this when I djd
on 2 May 2016
Was a bit put off by the length of the book but couldn't put it down once I started reading. Ramit has a great style and makes what appear complex topics far easier to understand and take in. Read through from start to finish and now will read through again and implement the strategies immediately. I wish I had read this book 10 years ago! Jason, 33
on 13 December 2017
I was very disappointed with this book.I thought this book would be true to what he actually did to create wealth for himself. Instead I felt like I was reading a regurgitated edition of all the money books I've already read. There was nothing new.You could find the same information, in more cheap books then this . So it was really disappointed. There's also nothing in the book on starting your own business and the accompanying tax deductions that wealthy people enjoy.I really wish i didn't waste my money with this book.This book is a waste of time. Not only was it completely basic and unhelpful, but it was not well-organised in any way to even make the content stick. Save your money!
on 5 January 2018
I read a copy I bought for 10p in a charity shop, just to see what all the fuss was about. You know, if I had to predict if this book would have been the amazing success it has I would not have done so. It is quite basic. I would say that books such as Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez or any of the books by Alvin Hall are far superior, but have only achieved modest success by comparison. It just goes to show you can never predict what is going to be successful in the wonderful world of publishing!

A lot of the content is really basic common sense, and it speaks volumes about the lack of personal finance knowledge that 20-somethings are lapping this up. On the other hand it is wonderful that, through this book, at least the basics are getting across to a wide audience that really needs the help. I added another star for that.

By the way, this book probably won't make you rich, but it has made Ramit Sethi very rich!
on 28 July 2017
This is the first personal finance book I have ever read, and it proved to be exactly what I have been looking for; a logical, clearly explain step by step guide to managing money. Sethi covers the high leverage stuff, urging people to forget about saving money on lattes and focus on automated systems. The key messages are to automate, then “Spend extravagantly on the things you love, and cut costs mercilessly on the things you don’t.”
on 29 March 2014
The majority of this book's details are things that you will eventually figure out. I am in my early forties and have a long list of things I wish I had know in my twenties and early forties. This book has them all and some additional detail that I was only vaguely knowledgeable about.

If you're under 35 and working GET THIS BOOK AND DO WHAT IT SAYS.

If your older, it's still worth doing even if you might be a too little too late to prepare for an early retirement.

I knocked one star off because it felt targeted to a younger generation, and as a middle-aged man I feel it's my duty to resent them their youth. :)
11 Comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 February 2015
Ramit is a straight talker. If you get rich or not is not important, but that he shares how you can be, that's for sure. There are lots of practical advice even if you're not looking out for the millionaire lifestyle, and great tips on getting control of your life. It's permanently on my library of reads.