Customer reviews

Size: mit 2 Klingen|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 12 September 2016
Been a Gillette user since the first hairs appear on my chin as a teenager but despite the quality shave they give, the often eye watering price made me want to try another brand with Wilkinson Sword being the next obvious choice. Well I think the phrase 'you get what you pay for' certainly comes into effect here. On the plus side you do get a close shave however in my case with plenty of nicks and cuts. The head of the Wilkinson sword razor is larger and not as streamlined as the same level Gillette razor, which I found made it hard to get a close shave near the nose and for accurate sideburns. Another major downside was the rate at which the razor clogged up, which no doubt added to the constant nicks, with each pass having to have several shakes in water to fully clear.

Glad the razor was bought on offer as I will no doubt be returning to Gillette. Yes they may be more expensive but at least I will get a faster hassle and nick free shave on a morning!!!
on 28 September 2013
Not one to write reviews often, but I'm so disappointed with this product I feel compelled.

Firstly, delivery was within the specified time and product was well packaged so no problem there.

I decided to try this as the prices of the replacement blades for Gillette's 'fusion' razor are so expensive.

The folks at WS must be having a laugh when they claim this is an advanced product offering a comfortable shave. The thing has given me razor burn and cuts every time I've used it. It does not glide smoothly at all and the poorly designed head on the razor makes getting to those hard to reach spots (under your nose and below your lip) almost impossible.

I have used electric razors, cut throat razors, Gillette fusion (more expensive but as a comparison miles better), cheap disposable razors; you name it I've tried it and this product is the worst of the lot.

A total waste of money.

Just to say, I have had the same shaving routine (same pre, mid and post shave products with this as with any other razor and I've not had the same poor results with other razors).
on 13 November 2016
Bought this to replace my Fusion razor as I am tired of being ripped off for blades.
Very good razor and blades so I am very pleased with my purchase.
on 9 February 2013
I've used Gillette products most of my adult life but after giving this product a try I'm convinced I've been missing out on an excellent shaving experience. The razor feels comfortable to hold, is very comfortable on the skin and the applicator leaves your skin feeling great...almost no need for applying aftershave balm afterwards.

It's got a clever little trick where you can flick the applicator section back when shaving your sideburns so as not to waste it on a specific area of your face.

A super close shave leaving you feeling great. I couldn't recommend this product more!
on 22 June 2015
Bought this mid Jan 2015. Normally I change blades every 10 - 14 days as blades always seem to get too dull and start to pull. I am still using this original blade today 22/6/15 so it's around 6 months old. The secret is cleaning it with Razorpit, giving it 3 or 4 "wipes" after each use. The blade doesn't get clogged easily either. I didn't buy the Razorpit through Amazon as found it cheaper elsewhere. Very pleased with this Razor so far. I'll probably have to change the blade before the end of the year but it should be OK for a month or two yet :)
on 14 February 2016
Great price great razor and a better price than on the high street. Have been using this razor for a few years. I also buy the blades through amazon again cheaper than the high street.
on 9 September 2017
Very pleased with results, am a convert from many years with Gillette.
on 18 September 2017
Ok razors a bit clumsy and cumbersome not really a good shave
on 17 October 2016
After years of paying heavily for Gillette, 'the best a man can get' this is a revelation and a far better shave.
Not heavily advertised for some reason.
on 21 February 2017
Very good - bought for my girlfriend to do her legs - she was jealous of my 5 blades!